Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hey Ladies...




















Fathers lock up your daughters, I have one heck of a ladies man on my hands. I am not kidding you either. Junior is a girl loving hound! At a time in life when most boys equate girls with walking cootie factories, my son is finding a reason to be around them. Do I see this as a bad thing? Well, yes and no. Yes it is bad because I want him to be accepted by his other boy peers and not seen as a cootie magnet. No, because he is actually treating these girls with respect and admiration.

Yesterday morning, I was leaving the nurses office, which is where my kids and I part ways in the morning. I have to be on hand to watch them give their glucometers to the nurse and to see her lock them up. (Stupid district rules.) My two munchkins had already taken off out to the waiting area. As I was leaving, I looked around to see where Morgan and Junior were. I never saw Morgan, but I did catch sight of Junior. He was getting up from the group of boys he was seated with and skipped over to sit with a group of girls. Skipped! With a twinkle in his eye no less! I was entertained with the idea that he was having crushes on girls, I mean, at one of his old school, girls had crushes on him all the time. I left the school chuckling to myself and told HHH about it that night. HHH said, "He sounds like me when I was a kid." Uh-Oh!


Cut to this morning. I separate from my young in the nurses office like usual and when I get outside to leave, I look again. THIS time, Junior has bypassed the circle of boys sitting on the concrete and is plopping down into a group of no less than 10 girls! This may be more serious than I thought! When I had asked him the night before if he had any girlfriends he proudly spouted, "Oh yes, mommy! I have 5!!". I thought he was joking, but now I am wondering. Damn HHH and his family's over active hormones! I am gonna have to keep that boy on a short leash!


So consider this a warning now, dear readers. Junior is on the prowl and those dimples are hard to resist. Watch out!

10 comments:

cozysoul said...

Cute. Your son could give lessons on how to be respectful to females to the older male crowd.Nice to see there is hope.

Trukindog said...

There is another possibility ya know...hey all I'm sayin is if ya catch him wearin his sisters clothes "girl friends" might have a little different meaning to him. Heh heh I'm a stinker huh!

metalmom said...

LOL @ Trukindog! I was thinking the same thing!

My boys were the same way. but now they are big strapping manly men....with GIRLFRIENDS!!

Blondefabulous said...

COZYSOUL: I'm thinking having all sisters might have something to do with it.

TRUKINDOG: Um... no. He is definitely girl crazy. He keeps trying to steal kisses.

METALMOM: I am glad your boys turned out so well. My little man should too.

Hilly said...

I always hung out with lots of boys at that age and it just turns out that I have better friendships with men than women.

Maybe he will be like that too?

Or maybe he's just a ladykillah!

Bec said...

The lads at the Scout Group who hang round with the girls more become well rounded people. They are better conversationalists and make better friends. they seem to get on with all kids better, and are definitely not the trouble makers.

You are so lucky!

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

He is a cutie!

Blondefabulous said...

HILLY: He is absolutely a Lady Killah!!

BEC: I blame it on being raised with all sisters and having to learn to be polite and kind.

MS. FLORIDA TRANSPLANT: Thank you! I think so too!

Christina LMT said...

I wouldn't worry. I was absolutely boy-crazy from a very young age (five or six), yet I still didn't start seriously messin' around with them until my late, late teens.

delmer said...

I drive my 15-year old on dates with his girlfriend. He always wants to stop and buy her a flower and always opens the car door for her.

The dating is costing me a fortune ... but at least I'm getting out of the house now.