Thursday, November 6, 2008

All These Ballerinas Are Gonna Break Me!




Hello intrepid readers! Blondefabulous here and I have gotta tell you..... this free education is breaking me! Holy crap!! I just got a list of things I need to go buy my eldest daughter for her Dance class and Oh. My. God. I am gonna go broke! Really!




She needs two pairs of shoes, one for ballet and one for Jazz. She needs 2 leotards, (or Leo's in the jargon.), she has to have at least 2 pairs of tights, and "Jazz" pants, what ever the hell those are. Also as an option, she needs a black ballet skirt. EEK! I haven't even gotten the measurements for the shirts she needs for choir! I remember when school was free.




On another note, Morgan got all of her ballet wardrobe finally! The program she is in provides all the clothing..... leo, tights, and shoes. I just have to pick her up from the school 2 days a week. A pretty good deal, if you ask me. Ms. M drives me over to the local high school to pick her up. (If you all remember, she is the mom with 4 boys.) She says this appeases her wanting of a little girl, and who am I not to share the adorable cuteness that is my little ballerina? I am trying to arrange a play date with her two youngest boys and Junior. He needs to be around other boys.


Now, I hear music in the background playing... "The best things in life are free, but you can give that to the birds and bees... I need money! That's what I want!"
update: I am back from the mad dash for dance wear. Ms. M took myself, Junior, & Rebecca to go look for Rebecca's stuff with a side trip to Starbucks! I got everything for about $75. The most I paid was $21 for the shoes we HAD to get from a professional dance shop. I was worried when we went there because all the boxes had $59, $64, and $75!!!! OMG! I will go broke! Lord help me! On the plus side, now Ms. M wants a girl because of all the cute, frilly, pink Tu-Tu's and ballet wear she saw while we were shopping. I told her she should just borrow one of mine!!!

13 comments:

dance said...

Ballet shoes are soft and really don’t need to be broken in – and if they fit you correctly they should be quite comfortable. So before making a purchase, put the shoes on and try a few basic ballet steps to see how the shoes feel. You can get more information about ballet shoes which I browsed on internet can fetch you help.

Blondefabulous said...

DANCE: Oh we went to the professional shop where the woman at the counter fitted my daughter and had her stand and check the fit.

Russ said...

I'm torn about my kids getting to be old enough to participate in activities, but I am dreading the cost associated with them.

Blondefabulous said...

RUSS: This isn't some after school "activity". This is a creditied class in her middle school that she gets graded on. Every day she didn't have these clothes, she was getting points off her grade!

Lady Jaye said...

Ballet is a credited class now? When I was growing up it was an expensive class for girls who were a lot smaller than me. I was a gymnast (way before the boobs came along) and it worked out well because it was cheap and I was always a bit on the muscle-y side. I would not have been a cute ballerina in the least.

metalmom said...

Thank God that the only dancing my Babygirl wanted to do at 6 yo was pole dancing!! I saved a bundle!

Now that she is 17, I'm glad she never actually did it!!!

Blondefabulous said...

LADY JAYE: Rebecca is in a gifted program in a magnet school, so they have ballet, TV arts, computer arts and drafting, etc..... so it is a real credit in their school. I was a band geek, myself, so my parents had to shell out regularly for my instrument, cleaning my uniform, shoes, sheet music, so I guess I can't complain.

Blondefabulous said...

METALMOM: Morgan's program giver her all her ballet stuff for free, it was Rebecca's I was going shopping for.

Mike said...

Unfortunately it doesn't get any cheaper as they get older. I have three teenage daughters and the cost of dance clothes and shoes just goes up. As well as the cost of going to high school and all the associated "fees". Good luck.

Blondefabulous said...

MIKE: I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... this free education is killing me!

Putz said...

I AM THROUGH WITH ALL THAT, All i have to do is sit back drink my pink colada, put interesting NEW PICTUREES ON PUTZ, say some cute things on my blog and i am home free

Christina LMT said...

Yup. Band fees, marching shoes, reeds for the clarinet (the expensive ones, thankyouverymuch), workbooks that have to be purchased, and the list goes on and on and on. Free, my ass!

kvegas911 said...

Yes, borrow, pay for expenses, give back!!! We'll start the daughter leasing program.