Sunday, October 26, 2008

Who Is That Masked Man?


Oh...... that's just a wrestler on the TV. Okay.....okay, stop your hissing. I don't care if the entire world knows it or not, but we are a family who watches wrestling. Professional wrestling. WWE to be exact. I know....I know..... everyone says it's fake, the persona's are not real, the matches are choreographed..... yes I GET it. There is just one thing........


My 9 year old daughter LOVES IT!!!!!!!!


And I am not just talking the pretty girls, or the flashy costumes, no...... my little princess ballerina Morgan is a rabid John Cena fan and has been since she was 5. She knows all his moves, his two entrance music themes, she can quote his movie, and had drawers of camouflage clothes because he wears it. Her prize possession is a John Cena T-shirt her grandmother got for her from a RAW match that was at the FedEx Arena in Memphis. She wears it every Monday night to watch Wrestling with HHH, and cries when it is bed time and she can't stay up to finish watching. She can name each and every wrestler's entrance music just by the first few notes....sometimes before HHH can name it! Last Christmas, she asked for a WWE Elimination Chamber play set and a My Little Pony Teapot Palace set. (That one was hard to wrap my mind around.)


And I have to tell you, there is not a more heart warming sight to see than my tiny princess climbing up into her Daddy's lap, snuggling up and yelling, "Give him the chair!". It just brings me to tears every time. HHH has tried to get Junior to be as interested in wrestling as Morgan is, and to an extent he is. Junior is just such a hyper, bouncy kid that he doesn't sit still long enough to get through a whole match, although he does like Rey Mysterio as his favorite wrestler. Still, Morgan is the child of HHH's heart, sitting in her Daddy's lap just like he sat in his father's lap many years before.


We watch the pay per views, we keep up with the scandal sheets, we have weathered the steroid debacle, and the terrible, terrible day when Chris Benoit killed his family, and I am careful to remind Morgan that WWE stands for World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT......... it isn't really real, that the things we watch on TV are practiced by athletes who are very able to do them. It isn't something I want her doing at school or when playing with friends.... kind of like the martial arts moves on some of the cartoons she and her brother watch. We keep it real, we take it just like it says, as entertainment, and we are entertained..... as a family. We root for our favorites, boo the bad guys, and at the end of the evening, we've had two hours together watching TV as a family.


Together.... can't beat that.


1.....2.....3....... DING DING DING!


We win.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Good for you I'm glad you guys do thing together as a family. There are too many who do not!

Tell Morgan it's been a loooong time since I've watched , it was still WWF back then, but my fav was always the Hardys and Lita :)

Blondefabulous said...

NICOLE: Cool! You watched wrestling too? AWESOME!!! Jeff got messed up bad tonight, though.....

lady jaye said...

I'm glad y'all have something you can do as a family. That's really great. The one thing always brings my family together is football. I can't remember a Saturday where we haven't all been huddled around a TV or at the game when Georgia has been playing.

Finn said...

You lost me at "wrestler." Hi!

Putz said...

do you want corrupt kids??????

Blondefabulous said...

LADY JAYE: Well, football in our house goes without saying..... there's nothing better!

FINN: We realize it is not for everyone, but baseball bores me to tears, and we can't stand soccer. At least it is entertaining...

PUTZ: Only those whose parents do not watch with the kids are corrupt. Parental guidence is key.

kvegas911 said...

I used to be able to smell what the Rock was cookin' at one point in my life. LOL. Back in the day of Austin 3:16.