Friday, October 17, 2008

What Ya Gonna Be For Halloween?















We have to start thinking about that. I know what HHH and I are going to be. We are Pirates. It goes back to getting married at TI in Las Vegas and also encompasses our pirate knick knack collection. Anyway, we are pirates, but what I am really concerned with is Rebecca and what she is going to be for her ..... wait for it....

FIRST SCHOOL DANCE!

Yes, her first school dance is going to be the Halloween dance at the cafeteria. It is a fund raiser for the Television Arts program. (I never had TV arts in school.....heck, we barely had VCR's to watch!) There will be a haunted house, food, dancing, and lots of supervision. Heck, they sent home a permission slip just for her to be able to BUY a ticket to the darn thing. I guess they want to make sure the parents want their kids to go and they aren't sneaking out. There were a few caveats to buying the tickets though. The kids are allowed to dress up, but no witches, devils, ghosts, or black cats. Also, the kids aren't allowed to wear masks. I guess this was for safety, but I have a sneaking suspicion it has to do with school rivalry or....maybe gangs. Either way, Rebecca is going with Ms. M's son, (not as a date, but as a friend), and I will be riding to and from the dance with Ms. M. Rebecca has decided that she wants to withdraw $25 from her allowance account and buy the all access ticket that gets her food, unlimited haunted house entry, and VIP entry to the dance. $25! OMG, we maybe paid $5 and got cokes for .50 cents back in my day. So now we have to find something for her to wear. She had a growth spurt so last years costume is out, but she wants to be a vampire one day, a zombie another day, and then something totally different the next day! I can't keep up! I will probably steer her towards the vampire thing since some white makeup, a set of teeth, and some fake blood and we're good. Morgan wants to wear Rebecca's costume from last year, (she was super girl.), and I have no clue what Junior wants to be. I'd get a new costume for me, but almost every kind I see online all look slutty. Yep slutty Goldilocks, slutty Rainbow Bright, slutty Cat....you name it. My pirate outfit covers EVERYTHING! I made sure of that. And it is theatrical quality, so the fabric isn't see through, or too light. Toby will be Spider Dog again.

So now, I have to go and try to shake out the costumes and see if anything needs washing or repairing. I'll go and see what I can find at the Big Lots for Vampire paraphernalia. Right now I am going to go shut off the lights outside for the night.




3 comments:

Tug said...

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about all that anymore, & YES, the costumes for little girls are inSANE.

Just so ya' know? Don't believe that the black hair 'spray' washes right out, especially if you/your daughter have blonde hair. My daughter was a witch one year, & had gray hair for a MONTH. Live & learn.....

Russ said...

I'm going to be the pissed off old guy whose dog goes nuts everytime the doorbell goes off.

Iron Man was awesome!

lady jaye said...

I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was 13. I guess I just never really got into it. I can't believe that a dance would cost $25 for VIP stuff. That's insane. Our school dances cost like maybe $5 to get in and there was never a charge for drinks or snacks.