Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Last Two Days.

Man, it has been a couple of days, and I mean DAYS, you know? I was finally feeling better from my 3 week coldapalooza and BAM! HHH came down with the stuff! (I told him not to be smooching on me so much.) He looked really rough this morning! All sniffly and coughing. I felt really bad for him, so what's my remedy? Chicken soup! And not canned condensed soup, oh no! We're talking take a chicken, boil it down for 4 hours with fresh veggies and spices, then pick the chicken bones clean and make fresh, homemade soup. I added a little rice, and some sea salt to the flavorful broth and colorful carrots and celery and voila........ Campbell's eat your heart out! Believe it or not, HHH looks better already. What is it about chicken soup that makes us feel better? I also made my homemade hot chocolate.....but that is a story for another day!

The other weird thing was in one of the 12 packs of Coke we bought the other day, there was a burst can. Not at the front either..... but all the way in the back of the pack! The box wasn't even broken either, that was the weird thing. It looked like the can just simply exploded. So being the good little consumer I am, I emailed Coke and told them about the exploded can and sent them pictures of it and the undamaged box it had come in. I told them it was only one can and that they may want to check their production line just in case something was amiss in the canning process. Coke returned my email rather quickly, (5 minutes!) and asked for more information about the package (code #'s), the can (code #'s), and the venue where we purchased it at. I relayed all this information and didn't hear anything until today. First I got an email back saying they were looking into the matter of the packaging, then when HHH went to check the mail, there was a letter from Coke in it. Seems they sent me a letter apologizing for the can mishap, ( I never said it was their fault, or that they did it on purpose.), and they sent me not one but TWO coupons for a free 12 pack of Coke! OMG!! That was a really cool thing to do! Coke is the bomb diggity!
So now I have a hubby who is on the mend, and two 12 packs of beverage to enjoy!
SCORE!

10 comments:

cozysoul said...

Very impressive girl! You are regular consumer hero! Now give yourself a well deserved pat on the back.

Blondefabulous said...

COZYSOUL: I was surprised. Usually companies send you a form letter that thanks you for commenting and nothing ever happens, but Coke was genuinly interested in what had happened. Then to send me a coupon for more than my loss when I wasn't expecting anything was really the icing on the cake! I guess that is why I have been a loyal coke drinker for 36 years.

lady jaye said...

Hmmm I wonder if I write to Levi's and tell them there jeans make my ass look big and take pictures if they'll send me a couple more pairs of jeans. teehee. This is just another example of why Coke is superior to Pepsi!

Blondefabulous said...

LADY JAYE: I totally wish that were possible! *sigh*

Christina LMT said...

I hope HHH feels better ASAP!
I remember once (before I got all internet savvy) e-mailing Coke because I got into an argument with someone about the caffeine content of Diet Coke versus coffee. Within hours someone at Coke had replied to my e-mail with a whole list of foods and beverages with their caffeine contents! I was very impressed. Too bad I can never have Coke again. *sigh*

Putz said...

wow....is he good lookin...i forgot what a catch you got....wow...

Finn said...

That's what you get for being nice about it not threatening to sue...

Feel better HHH!

Blondefabulous said...

CHRISTINA LMT: HHH is on the mend. The chicken soup really helped out, but it has to be the home made kind or it dosen't work. I love coke. I can't give it up.

PUTZ: Thanks, I know he's a hottie!

FINN: I don't think I ever asked for anything the entire time we emailed back and forth. I just thought they may want to know about a possible problem in their canning process. It was cool of them to send me a coupon or two. I trey to be as nice as possible! ;-)

Trukindog said...

It's not the chicken soup it's the love you made it with.

Several years ago before I even thought about having a PC I bought a 12 pack of Bud Lite that had 3 perfectly sealed EMPTY cans in it but by the time I got to them I wasn't gonna drive back to the store and the next day I didn't care, had I a PC then to email them maybe I coulda got some free Beer DAMNIT.

Coke Rules & PEPSI SUCKS!

Blondefabulous said...

TRUKINDOG: I put love in all my cooking!

And 3 empty cans?? I would have gone back. One can, then no, but 3?? That is alcohol abuse! How dare they!