Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Just Another Day....

I took it easy today. I didn't do any laundry, floor cleaning, dishes, or scrubbing. For me, that is an accomplishment! I tried to get as much of that done last night as I possibly could. I knew I wasn't going to feel good when I got up this morning. That was exacerbated by the fact that sometime during the night, Junior came into our room and climbed in bed on HHH's side. We have a queen size bed, but the three of us just don't fit in it comfortably any more. Junior has grown and is too big now. So, we must have looked like people origami, all tangled up in the bed trying to sleep. I gave up and got out of bed at 5:30am. There wasn't any way I could stay asleep. I waited until 6 to get Rebecca up, then at 7, I got the little ones up, but Junior was running a fever and Morgan was so stuffy I kept them home from school for the day. I figure that Junior and I needed the rest for tomorrow when we go to the planetarium. That should be fun. 20 first graders on a bus. Can't be any worse than any of Junior's trips last year.



HHH has been a busy guy this week. He's been on call, as you know, and where as the weekend was relatively quiet, the week has been busy. He had 3 calls just last night. I mentioned yesterday that he has been trying to cook dinner for me ever since I started getting sick, yet right before he gets the chance to start cooking, his pager goes off and he has to run out the door to fix someone's problems. Well he made sure that he would get dinner done this time. He ordered pizza!!!!! That's my HHH. Ever the resourceful man.



As for tonight's entertainment, there is just the presidential debates on TV, so we got some movies in the mail. "You Don't Mess With The Zohan" and "Phantom Of The Opera". We'll be watching those tonight. I am so over the debates, the mud slinging, the attack ads, and the SNL skits. I can't wait for November 4th to get here so I can go cast my vote and be done with this process. I like participating in the electoral process, but the hoo haw that inevitably happens along the way just makes it hard. I will happily turn off the debates for a movie and be done with it.



That's it for now. My next blog installment will be about the planetarium. I anticipate many photos and fun. Until then.......

4 comments:

wblmom said...

Gosh, I hope you get to feeling better. Being sick really really sucks and I feel for you.

Finn said...

Hey, I'm sick too! I caught an airplane cold. But it's not too bad.

Good luck on your trip. xo

Blondefabulous said...

WBLMOM: Thanks. I am feeling a little better, but the lawn guys have just finished mowing so on top of a stuffy head, I have been sneezing like crazy.

FINN: Oh man. That's not the kind of souviner you are supposed to bring back from NYC. The trip went well. Junior is a very polite young man so he was one of the best at the Planetariun....now some of those other kids REALLY could have used some Ritalyn, or Prozac, or something.

HoosierGirl5 said...

Your hubby is great. I love a guy who orders pizza.

J.