Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's Freakin' Cold, Yo!

OMG!!! I moved away from the Great White North to avoid this crap....... WTF??!!?? It is 46 degrees outside right now at 6:46am on Wednesday. IN OCTOBER IN SOUTH FLORIDA! Why? If I was still in Memphis I could see it, but in SOUTH FLORIDA?? And yes, I am speaking in a lot of capitols today because I am freezing my ass off.

I am a Floridian, born and bred. I never lived outside of the state until HHH moved us to Tennessee.... and that only took a few years before I was tired of the weather and made him bring us back south. When we were moving back, we had to drive through the mountains. It was February, it was high in the mountains, and it was snowing! I was saying to myself as we slipped and slid..... "Man, am I glad that I will never have to experience these temps again!" Granted it was 30 degrees..... but I was moving back to Florida. No more snow, no more sleet, no more freezing my ass off.

Nope. It's cold. I'm cold. The kids are cold. Junior said he needs more long pants. He was not thrilled at having to wear shorts yesterday. The fun thing about Florida is.... it will be a cold morning, but by the afternoon, you are sweaty and hot. What is that nonsense?

*sigh......... Can it be warm again?

11 comments:

Russ said...

global warming my hairy ass.

We had a freeze warning last night and I had to bring in all of my tropical plants. I don't usually have to do that until November.

Putz said...

you wusses, utar has been cold for TWO MONTHS,,,,,i can't sit on my porch at night because of freezing temps...46 would be a heat wave

Nicole said...

Wusses we are not - I lived in Chicago for 20 years and have had my share of snow and freezing weather. It's just that we here in FL are here because it's supposed to be warm. I myself however am LOVing this weather - Don't need to run the AC, windows open - and all the more reason to snuggle and i get to choose from my wide array of HOODIES!!! yay!

Finn said...

You're not in South Florida, that's why it's so cold!

Bluepaintred said...

Awwwwwwwww...Poor wittle baby.

I woke up to thick frost that needed to be scraped off the car before I could drive it and ice frosted grass and roofs. Oh and during the night it hit -15

Yeah.

See, we in Canada, we take ADVANTAGE of the cold. Nothing like a little wink wink nudge nudge to get your blood pumping in sub zero temperatures!

Russ said...

Putz, does it ever warm up in Utah?

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

Even South Florida is in the 40's! I wish I had a winter jacket!

Blondefabulous said...

TO ALL: Ha ha.... yeah it is cold in the more northern parts of the continent.....BUT I DON'T LIVE THERE! I live in Fla because it is warm, and when I get old, I won't have to move when I retire! Glad it will be in the 80's by Friday for Halloween!

metalmom said...

Oh sure...rub it in!

csquaredplus3 said...

I found you on Finn's site. My name's Chris - nice to meet you. I'm the mother of three kids, my oldest (11) has had Type I since he was 5, the middle boy (9) is pre-diabetic and allergic to gluten and caseine, and my youngest (3) is just rotten, but we love him.

I'll be back!

Dave Q. said...

I feel your pain, kind of. My heater in the house isn't working and 3 days in a row in San Antonio I woke up to a frigid house with outside temps in the mid 40s. So yeah, I hate the cold. And it sucks with no heat. :(