Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hey Mister! Would Ya Like To Buy Some Pecan Caramel Clusters??


It's for the school!!




Oh yes, it is that time again. Time for our kids and us parents to schlep door to door and sell off brand chocolates, bric a brac, and other junk no one needs for the school fund raiser. And these fund raisers aren't like the ones we had as a kid....no. These ones have cool, in your face mascot dudes that come to the school and basically have a pep rally talking about what kind of prize you can get with the selling of said junk. There is visual aids, flashing lights, a banging sound track as the guy prances around the stage with the cheap stuff they are going to give your kid if they happen to sell a certain $$ amount of stuff. And we all know who wins. It's the same kid who wins EVERY STINKING YEAR? The one with the Grandmother who asks how much the kid needs to get everything on the prize list, and then cuts the kid a check for enough sale stuff for little Johnny/JoAnna to get it! Every crapping year!!!!! I can even remember when we were encouraged to go door to door and sell to people we didn't even know, just to make a buck for new playground balls. I tell ya, this free education system is starting to kill me! That is a real question I'd like to ask Obama and McCain.........




"Excuse me esteemed senators, my name is Blondefabulous and I am here representing all my loyal readers from Blondefabulocity.com. My question concerns both education and economics, namely, how many boxes of candy can I put you two gentlemen down for so our elementary school can afford the updated textbooks and after school care for the parents who still actually have jobs left in this shit hole of an economy? 1000 each? Well thank you senators....we appreciate your support of our free educational system."




Yeah....let me go to a debate and ask that question, screw Joe the Plumber! Last night was just a rehash of the same old same old that they already covered. Time for us good American citizens to go do our civic duty and vote. November 4th....ya'll don't forget now!




Anyway, My eldest, Rebecca, has already had her school fundraiser. Her catalogue of crap was even more expensive than the two little ones! I bought wrapping paper from her, and she had a few orders from the ladies in HHH's office. Now we have two kids in the same school selling the same stuff. Sheesh. At least everything in their book is $10 or under. I am gonna go broke soon! Add to that the fact I laid out$21 for 3 field trips, (not counting Jr's to the planetarium), and we are getting ripped right and left for cash by the school! Holy crap! And the $$$ for the field trips......




IS TO FILL THE GAS TANK ON THE BUS!!!!!




Yep, the school get free admission for the kids to go where ever they are going, but to get there they are charging anywhere from $3 to $10 bucks a kid! OMG! You have got to be kidding me? No?? You aren't kidding me?? Well shit!




Guess I should be glad the school isn't sending home MORE fundraising books.

7 comments:

cozysoul said...

OMG! You had me laughing my butt off! You got it right on the "money". For all the fundraisers x how many children a person has, might as well have them going to some private school. It is so out of control.In all seriousness.

lady jaye said...

You're exactly right about fundraisers. I've sold my share of crazy stuff. We financed our London band trip by selling fruit and cheese. But for the record if you were to ya know kinda list the stuff you were selling and the cost I'd totally buy some. Cause I'm a softy like that.

Finn said...

I refuse to participate in those fundraisers because I know that the school district is mismanaging the money they are given by the county anyway. I don't want to encourage them.

Gas? Really? Hmmm...

metalmom said...

$10 a kid.....50 kids to a bus....$500 per bus for gas?

Are they traveling across the state?

My kids and their cousins all went to the same schools. We all refused to let the kids bring the fundraisers home. Instead, we took the kids out for pizza or a movie as a group. (You can finagle group rates by calling them "Family name kid group"!) It was a whole hell of alot cheaper and the kids didn't feel like they missed out on the cheapy prizes!

Christina LMT said...

Man, I HATED those fundraisers! Cookie dough, pizza dough, entertainment books, wrapping paper, it goes on and on (and on)...
What a nightmare.

Blondefabulous said...

COZYSOUL: Glad I could give you a chuckle.

LADY JAYE: That is so sweet! DM me and I'll do that, but do you really nees a "S'mores Ornament"?

FINN: The district seems to be OK here. I haven't seen any monentary hanky panky.

METALMOM: I know, right? They only allow 30 kids to a bus here, but still, maybe it's to pay for the driver salary and the gas. Most of the busses are relics and probably get 1/2 mile to the gallon anyway!

CHRISTINA LMT: Yeah... the only fundraiser I liked was when we sold M&M's. I had acne for a solid month after that.

Putz said...

i am feeling sorry for YOUR KIDS today....no yards, no country roads, no ground to plant in, no redneck workmen, no ants, no beattles, no cracked walls....only fog, for ghosts, railings, close neighbors....make me feel better