Friday, October 24, 2008

Cause This Is THRILLER!


Rebecca went to her first dance tonight. It was the fall Halloween dance. There was a haunted house, refreshments, and glow sticks! I rode with Ms. M from the walking mom's and with her child. The kids seemed to have a good time. They were excited, chattering monkeys when we went back to pick them up. Rebecca decided she wanted to be a vampire.....like the kids in the Twilight books. That got me off the hook for an expensive costume. A little make up, some fangs and were all hunky dory! I think I did a good job on her make up. Not too gory, not too silly...... just the right mix of pale kid and undead minion! Anyway, she had a good time, and I was feeling safe with the fact that there were 3 cops at the dance to oversee any monkey business.
So, mission accomplished and now I am going to sit back and relax. Mommy mission accomplished!

5 comments:

Hilly said...

Haha, when I was quickly scrolling through my feed reader, I caught this picture out of the corner of my eye before the text.

I was like, "On NO! That poor little girl looks so sickly!"

Uh yeah, I am a dork.

DutchBitch said...

She looks awesome! You are way better at that than me!

Putz said...

she looks like that vampire from byu....

Blondefabulous said...

HILLY: Ha ha ha! I laughed when I read your response..... but then really pale dead kid was what we were going for.....so Thanks! ;-)

DUTCH BITCH: Thank you. I have studied a lot of make up techniques and even got pointers from some Universal Studios shows! In college I did my makeup so well one Halloween that when we went to a store to pick up snacks for a party...... I freaked people out and they called the EMT's!!

PUTZ:BYU has vampires??? COOL!

metalmom said...

The makeup looks great. Send her over to me. I'm always looking for a few good undead minions.

I hope she had a good time at the dance.