Monday, September 8, 2008

Where Are The Words...




I just don't know. Or rather I do know and I just choose not to put them down, because doing that will make them more real than want to admit. Here is what I do know.....








I am SUPERMOM! Yep. Right here. I am the shizzle when it comes to Mom-type things. I have lunches for school, dinners planned, house cleaned, medical information taken care of, schools answered, forms filled out, you name it.....I got it! I can bake cookies, cakes, and pastries on a moments notice, and I can help out with homework, science projects, and after school activities. I am in charge of the household and in turn the whole family. And I am tired. Why is it that people expect the mom to do it all, yet we receive so little recognition in return? We don't get a paycheck, we don't get awards, bonuses, or certificates, we don't even get a thank you most of the time! This morning was a case in point for me. I have to get up at 6:15am to start getting the kids ready for school. Just me. Not HHH. I get everyone ready and going and about 7:30 or 7:45, I go in and wake HHH up. Now I could smack him on the ass, or just holler in "Get the F UP!" but I nicely stroke his hair until he stirs from slumber. What I get for my troubles is a mumbled good morning and not much else. I went and walked to the school with the kids and then back home. As I am watching the news and sitting on the couch, HHH comes in the door, shuffles off to the bathroom and then after he is done, shuffles back to the door and doesn't even pause to say anything! WTF?? Am I a fixture of the house, like the couch or the tables? I called attention to the fact that I at least warrant a kiss and a "hi honey""bye honey"!!! C'mon now. Throw me a bone!! I love HHH, but his job in the family isn't just the one who brings home the check. Yes that is a very important part of life, but it's the everyday kindness I value the most!


Wouldn't you know it. HHH just walked in and the above photo is what he gave to me. Yep. A breakfast order for two bacon, egg, & cheese sandwiches on toast with mayo! One for HHH and one for the other maintenance man who he works with. I am now McWetherington's. I guess I make it too easy for them to take advantage of my good nature. I let it happen. Last month when I was sick....I was bedridden for a day or two, and when I got back on my feet...it looked like a tornado had gone through the house. The general consensus was, "Oh Mom will get that when she's better." Yeah. I sure will. Maybe that should change. Maybe mom needs to get a hobby, or something to do that will take me out of the house for a while. Jobs are out because I need to be available to the schools at a moments notice in case something happens to the diabetics(The school usually calls at least 3 to 5 times a day.) Maybe a Pilate's class, or a pottery class, something enjoyable that I can later blog for you all. Either or....HHH did say he was grateful that I made him breakfast and he thanked me profusely for the sandwiches, so that was a change. Maybe he is just trying to settle in now that we are here, living at his job. I don't know. I am probably just obsessing about nothing, but there are days when I feel like a maid and a cook and not a wife and a mom!!!


Junior decided to show his ass today. He had a major melt down the WHOLE way home from the school in front of all the mom's I had just made friends with. Nice impression to leave with them, right?? I do not know what has gotten into that boy. I thought he was settling in well, but all of the sudden he has been having these temper tantrums. Dang kid was lucky I didn't back hand him right then and there! I just took him home, (still screaming at the top of his lungs), put him in his room to cool off, made him do his homework, and took away all of his privileges. The Game cube is history, his TV is going next after HHH gets home, and he isn't going to the pool for at least 2 weeks. We have to nip this in the bud now, before he becomes a problem. As far as I can tell, he pays attention at school.....just when he gets home is he a jerk. We'll have to see.


So remember, come to my house warming people! Also, I am putting up a poll for the Great Pet Bed Rumble. Go Vote!

7 comments:

HoosierGirl5 said...

Your husband is lucky to have you. One question, though: do you have another job, in addition to taking care of family and home?
Don't get me wrong, I was a stay-at-home mom for 7 years, I was just wondering.....

J.

Blondefabulous said...

HOOSIERGIRL5: I did in Memphis before my second child was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. After that, the demands on our time necessitated one of us dealing with doctors, schools, and other stuff like that. I'm not saying I want to just lounge around and do nothing all day, but at least acknowledge the fact that my contribution to the family and marriage is just as valuable. Some times couples and families lose that in the daily shuffle!

lady jaye said...

When you're both so busy it's really easy to lose who you are. I think it's very important that you get a hobby. You mentioned pilates. I think something like that would really make you feel better. It cuts time out for you, it's a break away from the stressors and it will hopefully be something you enjoy doing.

Finn said...

Absolutely do something for yourself. You need your own thing.

That being said: Just because you are a stay-at-home mom doesn't mean you aren't allowed to ask for help. No one should have to work 24/7. It couldn't hurt to point that out to HHH and the kids.

You are a better woman than I. Had I found that note, I'd have stapled a map to McDonald's on it and given it back to him. Or maybe just shoved it up his ass. Either way. ;)

Blondefabulous said...

LADY JAYE: I am planning on getting a hobby as soon as we are completely settled in. I did pilates up in Memphis and loved it! In hillbilly hell, there was no pilates, and I need something that can work off all the Starbucks!

FINN: I have designated chores for the kid to do. HHH however gets a pass because I am so anal about our room being clean. I plan on getting something like a hobby or what not to do. I do have to say, if I hadn't set the precedent for making my family whatever they want(ie. breakfast) at a moments notice, maybe they wouldn't expect it. I need to own that little tidbit!

Putz said...

would you pick my shoes up from the middle of the living room, if you saw them just lying there.?...how many times would you do it....would you do as many tines as you plurk or twitter?

kvegas911 said...

Oh, honey, tons and oodles of Mommy kudos to you!! I work full time rotating shifts and Mommy/Wife/Maid/Chef etc....but I think the fullt ime stay at home Mommies have the hardest job!!! Muah! Much love to you darlin!