Sunday, September 7, 2008

I'm Tired, But I'm Gonna Blog Anyway!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am tired. It is 9:21 pm at night, and I am trying like hell to keep my eyes open so I can watch a little TV and blog a bit. I guess I have settled into the back to school sleep routine. The kids have a bedtime of 9pm, and I usually follow after them by about 10pm. I almost didn't make it through the whole UF vs. UM football game last night! Glad I did though....wait, wait.....I said I wasn't going to go there after yesterday. Sorry honey! So, like I was saying, I am back into the back to school loop. I am getting up at 6:15am to get Rebecca up for her bus. It stops at 6:58am. Then it's time to get the two little ones up for school at 7:15am and get them ready to walk to the school. They are settling in well. Making friends and having fun. Rebecca is definitely in the gifted and advanced Team at BMS. I'm pretty stoked about that. I even met some of the mom's from around here. We have been walking to and from the school together. It seems like life here is pretty nice. We shall see......

HHH bought the dog a new pet bed. It's just a little pillowy thing. He took to it right away. Unfortunately for the dog....so did the cat. As soon as Toby the Yorkie got up from the bed, Fluffy the cat decided to take over and sprawl across the whole thing! Looks like I'll be buying another $5.99 pet bed from CVS. Photos are here... http://tinyurl.com/5onxfh

I am going to try the House Warming again this Saturday. It wasn't working out for last Saturday, and besides I wasn't really unpacked all the way. I still am not unpacked. I have the same two boxes that were in my living room last week. Yep. They're still there. I don't know why, but I am just not unpacking them. They are filled with dishes. Nothing weird about dishes, right? Aside from the fact I have no where to put them, I just haven't been motivated to get them taken care of. Maybe I am just harbouring a secret fear that if I unpack all the boxes, I'll just have to move again and have to pack up all over again. I don't know. Maybe I'll just get what I need from the boxes and put them in the storage closet. So anyway, the house warming is going to actually be this Saturday and it doesn't look like Ike is going to be a factor.v I was keeping a pretty close eye on Ike. It looked like it was going to slam right into us for a while there. Looks like Cuba is going to get it though. I feel for those people. They have been getting hammered all summer! And they don't have the building codes we do here in the good ole US of A! So now that Ike isn't going to screw up my house warming, let me once again, invite you all to come on over to the house and partake of some good eats and my finest box of wine! Har har....just kidding. I am going to put on a yummy buffet and have a chocolate fountain, so just DM me at nicolewetherington1972@yahoo.com and I'll be glad to shoot you the latest e-vite!

And for now, that's pretty much it. I am going to try to get back into blogging early and having it ready to post at midnight, but it is more likely I'll post the next days blog around 10pm since I am getting tired around then. Remember...

1. Email me about the house warming.
2. Come to the house warming.
3. Drink wine and eat chocolate!
4. Place your bets on who will prevail in the "Battle For The Pet Bed"! I'm giving odds of 2:1 in favor of Fluffy!

That is all.

3 comments:

lady jaye said...

I wish I could come to the house warming. I hate living so far away from everyone. It seems like most of the bloggers and everyone on Twitter all live in Florida. As for the game tell HHH that he has my condolences and that Penn Wagers (ref) will get what is coming to him.

Putz said...

pay my expenses, and i'll be there...i wasn't raised up to be tight or anything like that with money

kvegas911 said...

Oh I so wish I could come and meet you!!! Email me your address so I can send you something special!!!