Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm Not Going To Go All Political.













Nope. Just can't do it. I know why it is important to vote, I know we as Americans need to get out there and do our civic duty by finding out where each candidate stands on the issues. I am doing that. I am looking at Obama's website and McCain's website and I see.........




Nothing that makes me want to run out to the polls. Everyone has their "Plans" and "Outlines". They have their projections and platforms. No one has said how they are going to get these things accomplished. Just how are you going to push universal health care past a congress that has their own agenda's? Can you convince a nation that is tired of your party predecessor that you really will be different? Can someone puh-lease discuss something besides this persons pregnant daughter and that persons dumb ass remark about stem cell research?



Oh, and don't get me started on the whiny, he said-they said crap that has been going on. Obama says something about lipstick on a pig and AUTOMATICALLY everyone assumes he is making a remark about Palin. OK, I have used that colorful description to describe Wauchula, FL before Palin was even picked. Does that mean I was insulting her too...even though she wasn't a VP nominee yet? Oh and I saw on CNN this morning that as of today, more men are leaning toward McCain/Palin than women. Really? Did we not see this happening? Of course men are going to vote with their penises! If that's what they are already thinking with, of course that is what they are going to vote with! It is all so sordid and dirty. With all of this sniping back and forth between the camps, it's hard to keep abreast of the issues at hand. I think all we are really caring about is not having four more years of the same hot mess we have been stuck in. People are homeless, joblessness is up, the economy is way down.....something has to give. I have experienced all of the afore mentioned issues first hand. With my family. THIS YEAR! That is what I am concerned with. Not Palin's preggo daughter, not McCain's war record, not Obama's senate record, not Biden's stem cell research faux pas. What are you politico's gonna do to keep good families off the streets? How are you going to stimulate this economy to help create jobs? Talk about that, not who said what to whom and now is demanding an apology for saying it.



I am as far from a political pundit as someone can get, I am not in any way trying to tell anyone else how they should vote,....but I am one of those annoying undecideds who are peppering the landscape of this election. I don't favor either one of the major candidates, and I do not have plans to vote for an independent. You want me? Come and get me.....just be prepared to tell me exactly HOW you're gonna do things. No frills, no chills......just good old facts and figures.



Oh look at that,............ I went all political anyway.

6 comments:

Queen of Clean said...

Every time I put the TV on I am soo glad that I live in a safe, secure, society, run by safe, secure, honest leaders, without personal agendas...yeah right!

Putz said...

i like three and am going to vote for two...i like obama, palin, and biden...confused????but i will vote for obama cause he is an orator, sarah like blomdfab says cause she has a cute name and is for pro life and medical benefits and biden because he is a good ole boy like those workmen in bowling green...bush cheyney and cheaney and mccain are warmongers so they are out of the mix....oh ithoght there were two cheyneys, you only count one...so i guess i can only vote for two, so i guess the democrats

Blondefabulous said...

QUEEN OF CLEAN: Is there anywhere that has honest leaders? I haven't found them yet!

PUTZ: I've heard it before, I laughed at it then, and it rings true today:
"Vote early, and vote often!"

Finn said...

I hope you don't decide not to vote. If anything, vote against something if you can't vote for something.

Blondefabulous said...

FINN: Oh I am going to vote alright, but all this superfluous name calling, pig lipsticking, moose shooting, war mongering is taking the focus off of the issues and their importance. I am doing my research, I'm reading the platforms, and I am gonna go vote....I just wish we could get past the high school-esque crap and really vote on what matters! I know I will.

Russ said...

Hey Blonde, one of your best posts yet. Sorry about not dropping by, but I was on vacation for the last week.