Friday, August 22, 2008

Thank You, Lurkers And Commenters Alike!


I am a dork. A great big dork. I am inordinately pleased when I check woopra and see you all coming to visit me. I have only been blogging for a year and four months.....maybe more, but I'm not sure, but in that time I have experienced so much, and shared it with you all. At first, I wasn't sure about this blogging thing....I didn't know what to say, I wasn't sure how "personal" I wanted to get. I only typed a couple of sentences and stuck it together with a photo of what ever I had going on at the time. Then, little by little, blogging became a habit. My blogs got longer, more involved. They started having a purpose, a theme, sometimes they were even a rant on something that had pissed me off in society or the news. Oh Lord.....I was monologuing, or is that monoblogging? Either way, I was hooked, and because I was hooked, I started reading other people's blogs! I started with the GNN, where I found Finn and A Life Less Ordinary, and from there, I found a few others like Chocl8t from The Chocl8t Diaries, and Ribeye from The Raging Server. It seemed like every blog I read led me to another great blog, then another, then another. I found MyBlogLog, MySpace, and Flickr. I eventually out grew the Yahoo 360 blog I started out on, and with the help of several blog friends I had made, I went to Blogger and began Blondefabulocity and became Blondefabulous. I found Twitter. I had evolved. I had survived changes in computers, my husbands disdain for blogging (He USED to say to me, "What the hell do you DO that for anyway?), and several major family crisis.






Through all that, I started making friends. Jodi at Pink Tomato, Russ and Jasper at Dad's Who Mock The World, and the most wonderful thing of all......you all started to leave me comments! Oh blessed day! Once I started the blogger site, I had people I didn't know commenting on things I had written, posts I had made about my kids and school, and photos I had put up of my latest culinary creation. It was awesome. Even if I got a comment I didn't agree with, it was still cool because I love to hear others points of view. (except the guy who tried to be a racist a-hole. I deleted those.) Which leads me to now.






I discovered Woopra from DutchBitch at the DutchFiles. It had a counter that could show me everyone that came to my site. I found Woopra on the web, and after a couple tries.....got it installed and PRESTO! I could see everyone! OMG I couldn't believe it. And I could TALK to you! Well, some of you.....most people are content to be lurkers and deny the chat request. It was amazing to see the back links and see that some of you have me in your feed readers, or on your blogrolls! The thing that amazed me the most, is how much I care for the blog friends I have made. And you guys cared for me! When my family and I became homeless, you guys would come to the blog to check up on me and offer much needed words of encouragement! Now, we are getting ready to move again, to a better place where HHH works, and there is a blogging buddy who lives over where we are going to be located AND there is a Starbucks too!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! My life is complete!






I guess what I am trying to say is, I love you guys. I didn't know how much blogging was going to become to me, or how much the people I found through it would mean to me, but I can tell you......it means a lot. A whole lot. I wanted to say thank you to each and every one of you..... the commenters and the lurkers alike, because you make this enjoyable for me. And so, today is officially going to become my Blog-o-versary, and I just wanted to say thanks....to:






ADAM AVITABLE



MISS BRITT



LADY JAYE



RIBEYE



PINK TOMATO



PUTZ



KVEGAS911



CHOCL8T



SASSY IRISH LASSIE



RUSS&JASPER



DUTCHBITCH



QUEENIE



BEC



HILLY



JESTER



DAVEZILLA



SHASH



KARL



JENNIFER DAHL



MATT LYDY



LISA CLUSTERFOOK



HOOSIERGIRL



BLUEPAINTRED



CARRIE



TROLLBABY



NYCWD



CISSA



RYAN



BRAD



TRUKINDOG



JMDAWG



DELMER



UPSET WAITRESS



NICOLE DANIELS



NEIL KRAMER



KAPGAR



LAUREN



LIBRAGIRL



HELLOHAHANARF



TURNBABY



MSFLORIDA



PINKBUNNYFOOFOO



FLGRL



CHRISTINA LMT



ALL THE LURKERS WHO CHECK MY BLOG OUT



AND ANYONE I HAVE FORGOTTEN.......






You guys totally rock.






Happy blog-o-versary to me!






15 comments:

Shash said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!!

Someday (Soon) we'll toast to your continued awesomeness and success!

...right after I lower the water in the pool for the 5th time!

Shash

Hilly said...

Well then...Happy Bloggyversary! Enjoy the years to come and I am so glad I know you too :).

pinktomato said...

awe! i got a name drop! love you too - although io havent shown much love in the last month - i've bene too self-absorbed with the store and baseball & soccer & other things going on... i guess I need to catch up on the whole moving thing now too - wow! thats awesome! I tried to respong to the woopra thing that popped up but i must not understand what i need to do cuz it disappeared and then the status bar at the bottom said there were errors ont he page - -oh well - try again sometime! ok - off to find your post about moving news

pinktomato said...

it was google - blocking it as a pop-up LOL - try it again
!

Trukindog said...

Happy Blogaversary Darlin

Umm it's Trukindog no c & one g...you dork ;-)

Nicole said...

Woo hooo I too got a name drop!! Chicky you rock, you're awesome and I can't wait to catch a Caramel Late w/ ya At Starbucks!!!!

Putz said...

i wish i could just be a lurker, but I CAN'T

Avitable said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Miss Britt said...

Happy Blogiversary!

And.. um.. you're welcome? :-)

Blondefabulous said...

SHASH: You're STILL flooded? Oh man...I hope you guys start to dry out! And thanks!

HILLY: Thank You! I'm glad I found you!

PINKTOMATO:I wasn't worried. I knew you had the store and your boys to keep you busy!

TRUKINDOG:Ok so I'm blond and I can't spell. Thank you and it was great talking to you last night!

NICOLE: Oh girl! I can't wait to get a frappuccino! I am dying!

PUTZ: No, I don't think you could EVER just be a lurker.

AVITABLE: Thank you. I almost choked when I saw your guest post over at Karls.

MISS BRITT: Thanks!

Finn said...

Why do I always get left out of lists? :(

Happy Blogoversary! I'm glad you found me, darlin'.

metalmom said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'm glad I found you!

Blondefabulous said...

FINN: I'm sorry hon, but I mentioned you in the body of the piece twice! Does that make up for my faux pas??

METALMOM: Thanks. I appreciate it!

Christina LMT said...

Happy, happy Blogiversary!

And thanks for the mention...I'm blushing now! :)

I'm so excited for you all, heading to a new town and a bright new future *heaves satisfied sigh*.

There are happy endings, AND happy beginnings, and you got both.

kapgar said...

Happy blogimerversimatatery!

You're welcome and thank you back.

But, to be perfectly honest with you, considering the part in the first paragraph where you say you have a purpose and a theme to your blogging, I must suggest you defriend me. We all know I have no purpose nor theme and I'm sure I'm only dragging you back from bigger and better things. ;-)

JK!