Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Need To Sleep, But....


I am riding on a sugar high! Yes, I made a cake for HHH to bring to his new bosses and you all know I don't do "can" frosting. I made tasty fresh butter cream frosting and totally covered the cake in it! I also made pretty yellow roses for it and put vining all around the outside with rosebuds. It could have looked better, but for just a 3 hour job, it's not that bad. Of course, with the baking and making goes the tasting! Now I am wired, and not at all sleepy! I am so happy HHH got the permanent position with this new company! The move will solve quite a few problems for us, like commuting, gas expenses, and time I get to spend with HHH. We haven't gotten to spend as much time with each other as we had been and I miss him. It seems like I just get to see him for a few hours and then he is off to bed so he can get up at the crack of dawn! It will work itself out. It always does.....


Another thing is we are starting the kids in school here, but moving about a week and a half later! Yeah that was fun to explain to all of Rebecca's teachers tonight at the open house. That open house was a trip! We get there and instead of parking in the parking lots, people are parked on the sides of the entrance drive way all the way in. A few of these individuals didn't get all the way off of the driveway and as a result, you couldn't get to the actual parking lots to park your car! WTF? Who taught these people to drive? Did they receive their license from a cracker jack box? I got pissed, HHH was trying to calm me down, and finally I got fed up and parked the car got out and screamed at him to drive. Ugh! This must be why I quit driving in the first place! Stupid, stupid, STUPID!!!!!!!!! We eventually got into the place, got Rebecca her class list and set about meeting all her teachers and telling them about our move. I sure do wish I could get us to move before school starts, but I'll take this. Tomorrow we are walking up to the elementary school here in Bowling Green and I am going to do all this for my two little ones. At least there will only be two teachers to tell about our move then. We saw the kids school nurse tonight at the Jr High open house and told her about the move as well. I also told her I was going to be bringing the kids diabetic supplies up to the school too. Man, where did the summer go? It feels like the kids just got out of school!
So for now, I guess I will start re packing stuff. I can't wait to get the hell out of these ants and bugs. You guys saw the photos..... you know what is wrong with this place. There is no word for it but slum and our slumlord of a landlord just doesn't care. I bet he will care when after we leave this place I call in to the county code inspectors and report the water and bug problems to them, not to mention the structural problems with the place! HHH laughed at my "Goonies" reference in yesterday's blog post. Hey, blast from the past and all. I am going to go watch some more Olympics now. The swimming is awesome, and I want to see what happens with the women's gymnastic all arounds. I am soooo pissed that the IOC is allowing China to pass off those children as 16+ year olds, but that is another story for another day.......


5 comments:

Trukindog said...

I think that's pretty awesome for three hours, you got skills darlin.

Finn said...

Did we go to the same open house last night? ;)

Beautiful cake!

henry3 said...

Darlin you were wonderful this morning. The most intense I have ever had. Thank you.

blondefabulous said...

TRUCKINGDOG: Thanks!

FINN: And I had to turn around and go to the elementry today for my younger two! And Thank You about the cake!

HENRY3: Um......who are you? Because I was home with my kids this morning! You must be thinking of somebody else!

Christina LMT said...

I want a piece of that cake!