Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Good News! Get Your Good News Right Here!

Hey there party people! I am blonde....I am fabulous..... and I may be moving. In fact I am sure I am moving! Yes ladies and gentlemen, HHH was offered a permanent position at the company he has been working for!The Manager LOVES him and he has more certifications than anyone there! They talked to him today and we should know if we are moving sometime next week! I am just sooooo over living here in Bowling Green. It's a nice small town and all, but the ants and the bugs, the house that is falling apart around us and the slum lord who refuses to fix anything have just worn me thin! You all know about our ant problems from what I have written on the blog, but here are a few things you may not know about......


The first photo is of the pipes that go to nowhere. Yep, they are attached to nothing and empty out into the yard. All the water from the shower, sinks, etc just dumps out in the back yard and absorbs down into the ground. I count my blessings that the sewer pipe IS hooked up to something. If that emptied out into the yard, I'd be really upset. The second photo is of our backdoor and the HOLE in the floor. Slumlord just had the workers he employs cover over the crappy floor with vinyl and didn't bother to fix the multitude of holes in there. To safely get out the back door you have to step over the soft spot or you may fall through! Yeah...it sucks. The third photo is of nirvana, a.k.a. my bathroom and the ants that come there to die. Yeah, they come up into the bathroom, run around for a bit, and then keel over and die! That photo is after a day and a half. I have to vacuum at least every day, if I want to keep my bathroom in semi-decent condition.


Then there is the big HOLE in the kitchen floor. I don't know what is down there, I don't want to know what is down there...... for all I know Sloth is down there with Chunk and the Fratelli's will be back at any moment to steal One Eyed Willie's treasure! Either way, it's a shitty cover job and I don't have a Baby Ruth! The last photo is of the living room carpet. I think I mentioned the hole in there before, but up until a little while ago, I couldn't figure out what the hole was shaped like. I finally saw it when HHH said, "Just look....it's the same shape as an iron." He was right! he idiot former tenants must have laid a hot iron down on the carpet. Either way, I have a rug that covers it up for now.
And that is just a start on the things that are wrong with this place. There's more.....lot's more. Like the entire side of our bedroom that is falling in. You can't walk over there or you may fall through. The hole in the closet wall that you can see daylight in. The termites. The washer that I have rigged because the washer/dryer connections do not work. I could go on and on....... but I won't. The only reason we took this place was because we were homeless, and my BIL's in laws had just kicked us out of his house. When you're desperate, you'll take anything, but now that we have a choice... we are going to move to Sarasota the first chance we get! HHH says they are talking about offering him a free 3 bedroom apartment for us to come live in and that sounds good to me. The elementary school is within walking distance and the neighborhood is quiet. And Lordy, Lordy.....THERE IS A STARBUCKS A MILE FROM THE HOUSE! Score!!! In an area that big, I should be able to find lots of gluten free foods, shop at somewhere larger and classier that Wall to Wall Mart, and we will be 1 mile from the beach again. I am also quite certain there will NOT be a "live bait" machine outside of the Wall to Wall Mart they have there!
So I am waiting patiently, counting the days, and crossing my fingers and toes, hoping that come the 30th......we will no longer be here in Podunkville USA, but in Sarasota, where Bux, Beaches, and 3 Bedrooms abound.
Wish us luck!
PS- don't forget to vote in the poll on whether I should go to the Gator Kick Off party or not. I have promised to abide by what ever gets decided and you have until Saturday morning to vote. Do I go and make an ass out of myself, or do I chicken out and stay home? YOU DECIDE!

11 comments:

Trukindog said...

Damn darlin I know what it's like to have to take a shack like that in hard times, I salute you all for your endurance and hope you can get the hell out of there as soon as possable.

Christina LMT said...

Squeeeeee!! I'll have all my fingers and toes crossed, too!
And yes, you should definitely go to the party, 'kay?

lady jaye said...

I'm definitely sending good vibes your way in hopes that you get to move! I myself have lived in a shitty place and I know how relieved you will feel when you get to move.

And btw you'er going to that party, young lady.

Finn said...

Um... I hate to burst your bubble, but there was a live bait machine outside the Wal-Mart in lovely Boca Raton and Boca has Neiman-Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks, Tiffany & Co., Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton, Coach, etc. and two Starbucks right in the mall. You get the idea.

Maybe that's why it's closed now.

Putz said...

hey i'm definetely MOVVING....

Blondefabulous said...

TRUCKING DOG: Yeah, if you have to, you can live in a hole, but now that I have a choice, I am gonna move outta this hole!

CHRISTINA LMT: Squeeeeee is right!

LADY JAYE: Yes mom, I am going to the party, but what will I wear?

FINN: Really? You have them over there too? I guess I will have to shop at Target from now on so I can avoid the live bait machines.

PUTZ: Where too?

Christina LMT said...

Live bait?! Man, I can only imagine the odor, if we had vending machines like that outdoors here in Vegas! We do have Apple vending machines...not for the fruit, but for iPods and accessories!

Putz said...

i thought you knew, surely i told you, i am moving to BOWLING GREEN next aug of 2222....

Nicole said...

OMG you're moving to Sarasota !!!! I got to MCC in Bradenton - We'll have to get together - I'm serious!! I'm like half hours - 45 minutes from sarasota - Which Elementary school are the kids gonna go to?? Tuttle, Alta Vista?? My son went to both. I'm sooo excited for you - and sorry my comment comes delayed - I was on my honeymoon don't ya know!!

Putz said...

MY PLANS HAVE CHANGED AGAIN, SURELY YOU KNOW I WILL BE IN SARASOTA FLORIDA BY CHRISTMAS

Blondefabulous said...

PUTZ: Ha ha, are you coming so I can cook and bake for you?? You know Fla is a nice state to retire to....