Monday, July 14, 2008

A Weekend Recap.

Alright people! Here's a recap of the weekend! If you were following me on Twitter, I kinda kept everyone updated on what we were doing, what was going on, and where we were. From HHH feeling like he got food poisoning, to the rain, to the gigantic thunderstorm last night..... I twittered it all, and HHH thought I was a big fat dork for doing it! (He just doesn't get it.)
One thing I didn't twitter was the indulgence of my coffee habit at Starbucks. OMG! I live in BFE, so to get good coffee, I have to wait until we are going somewhere that has a Starbucks, or a Dunkin Donuts. This is strange because up until a year ago.....I HATED COFFEE! Hated. It. I couldn't stand the smell, it was way too bitter, and no amount of sugar, cream, milk, you name it could make me even entertain the idea of drinking it. Then, we started to have all the problems I have been blogging about. The moving from Memphis, the not being able to find a place, my parents saying they'll help then turning their backs on us, job loss, etc..... I was down in the dumps one day and as I passed a DD, I thought about that commercial they had playing on TV...."Treat yourself to a Frappaccino...." So I did. A chocolate one. The coffee taste was strong, bitter,...... but I didn't mind. It was something affordable I could treat myself to. It wouldn't break the bank to have one occasionally. Then, I tried one from Starbucks. O. M. G. That was heaven! The coffee was stronger, there was whipped cream and drizzled chocolate, I had to learn words like Venti, and Grande! I felt so pretentious just being there. So now, I have a small habit that I so indulged in Orlando this weekend. I indulged "other" things too....

I don't know what it was, but I was feeling frisky as a teenager yesterday. Not at all like a 36 year old mother of 3. We made our way over to IOA and started out at Seuss Landing like always.... and on the Cat In The Hat ride...... um...... I was being naughty with HHH. Not the smoochy, necking kind of naughty, because with the spinning whipping motion of that ride you'd knock each others teeth out, but the groping, touchy feely kinda naughty! Heh heh, HHH was in heaven! Awwww c'mon! You know you've all done it! Then we went and did it again on Spiderman! Naughty, yes I know. But I was on vacation......

We also got galaxy defender almost every single time we went on Men In Black. Last night, towards the end of the night, we were going on MIB and every time we went through, something was malfunctioning. First time was one of the monster areas where monsters are supposed to pop up, then was the end where Will Smith tells you your scores, last was the part before the end where Will Smith is on a Jumbo Screen in the faux Times Square....... We decided to forgo a 4th trip. With our luck, the entire ride would have stopped and we'd have been stuck in there. We decided to see the last Beetlejuice show instead.

Oh and that was an experience, let me tell you. The Sunday crew for that show was the dregs of the talent pool apparently. The guy playing Beetlejuice was a fat, uncoordinated mess! At the beginning he goes out into the audience and warms up the crowd, and this guy couldn't even ad lib a joke or two beyond the scripted stuff. It was just kinda sad. Then, in the middle of the show, I see this flashing light beyond the stage set. I lean over to HHH and ask, "Is that heat lightning?" He leans back to me and says, "No that's lightning lightning!" As if to punctuate his sentence, A huge strike of lightning hits and the subsequent boom of thunder that followed separated the Floridians from the tourists. The tourists jumped out of their seats, us Floridians just sat and said, "Oh that was a good one." The funny thing was, it started to rain right as the show was playing, "It's Raining Men". After the show was over, the storm was hitting pretty hard and there was hail. The ushers told everyone to stay put till the worst was past and we could leave without getting fried by the lightning. It was about 20 minutes and then the storm passed. We decided to leave the park all together and not stay for the fireworks and laser show.


So, all in all, I had a good weekend. From Brendan, to the fireworks, it was a cool time! Hopefully we'll get to do it next year too......Oh Brendan......

6 comments:

HHH said...

I thoroughly enjoyed riding Cat in the Hat with you. And really enjoyed you holding on to my "lap bar"

Bec said...

I'm just going to sit here for a moment and think about double shot espresso frappuccino's, if that's okay with you?
...
...
...
Okay. Done.

Putz said...

maybe you are a dork for doing it like your husband says, maybe it is you that is not getting it...amd you do have fun holding on to lap bars

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

I enjoy the twitters!

I told a group of people I was from BFE the other day and nobody knew what the heck I was talking about. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that uses that slang.

Lady Jaye said...

I'm so glad that you had a good birthday weekend. And the twittering was great. Made me wish I was having fun while I was working this weekend.

And Starbucks is wonderful. I totally love it and I would live inside that coffee shop if they'd let me.

henry3 said...

thats a very sexy picture of you.