Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Snap Back To Reality, Oh There Goes Gravity...

Well, yesterday was a big, fat dose of reality after a weekend of fun and frolic. Nothing like spending 3 days in a world of make believe to make your real life seem like complete poop. The house was trashed from a weekend of me not being there to clean it, I had to catch up on the laundry and get it hung out on the line, and there were dishes that needed to get done. Also, the ants I blogged about before JUST WON'T DIE!!!!! I am so tired of these things! Bug spray only gets rid of them for a day or two and they are just coming out of the woodwork, literally! I get the bathroom sprayed down, vacuumed up, and back in order and I go out to the clothes line to hang out the wash.
The laundry is something else that bothers me. The out building for this house has washer/dryer hookup's, but they do not work. I have my washer in the kitchen with a water hose from outside hooked up to it coming in from the window. It is a very rigged up sort of situation. There is no where to hook up the dryer, so I have a copious amount of clothes line hooked up between the house and a large wooden post. Well yesterday, as I am putting the clothes on the line, one of them breaks and everything on that line goes down for the count. Great. Now I gotta wash them again. Then I look over, and there is an ant trail leading to the house on one of the other lines. I just can't win! So I'm standing there, clothes on the ground, ants trotting merrily to my house on my clothesline, and I just lose it. I'm now officially 36 years old, I live in a town so small there are no available jobs, HHH hasn't gotten anything back on his resumes he's been handing out online, and my house is falling apart due to bugs and age. Nothing like a breakdown outside where the neighbors can see it! Whoo hoo! I went back inside and finished off my little "break down" in there. HHH had cleaned up the kitchen for me, and the kids had taken care of their rooms and the living room for me. I sighed and hoped it would get better. It has to get better. We have already been on the bottom of the barrel. We have already been homeless, broke, ill, etc.... There has to be an up escalator around here somewhere, right? God, I hope so!

Then, as I was surfing the web, I saw this woman on CNN.com. This woman is 80 years old, and still stripping. Not the shake your moneymaker kind of stripping, but burlesque. Stripping in it's most artistic form. Now If I am feeling old, that must just be my fault, because this just goes to prove you're only as old as you feel.

I wanna look this good when I am 80! A little wrinkly, but still in shape.

11 comments:

Lady Jaye said...

Ugh I'm sorry you had such a disaster to come home to. It may take some time but things will pick up. Our lives can't be one perpetual disapointment after another. *HUGS*

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

Sometimes there's nothing worse than reality! Hopefully things will start looking up soon.

Putz said...

do you know what you just did? you went on a bonified rant just like justmylife always does, you could be another george carlin

Finn said...

Oh the ants. I'll have to get back with you with the name of a bait to try. But it's probably all the rain that's driving the into the house.

Hot Hunky Hubby said...

I LOVE YOU BLONDE!!! Things will get better.

Hot Hunky Hubby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
'That Girl' said...

I'm just a little creeped out by that picture.. actually I think it's the wig. Hope things get better over your way.

Bec said...

The ants - lemon juice (straight out of a lemon) does the trick - added bonus - non toxic! We use it every year - the littel blighters move right on...

Blondefabulous said...

LADY JAYE: Not so much a disaster as a situation I was trying to avoid. Clothesline breaking was new though.

MS FLORIDA TRANSPLANT: Things are actually up from where they were just 6 months ago.

PUTZ: It wasn't a rant, just what happened. And no one could replace George!

FINN: Yeah, this rain is really getting to them, but they are the Crazy Raspberry Ants that are resistant to baits and such. The exterminator is stumped.

HHH: I know baby. I love you too!

THAT GIRL: yeah it was a little creepy, but she's 80! I want to be in that good a shape when I'm 80. Hell I just want to make it to 80!

BEC: Lemon juice from the lemon. Got it. Haven't tried that one yet, but I sure will. Nasty little buggers!

Putz said...

hey YOU, BLOG ADMINISTRATOR, YES you, I WANT THAT LAST COMMENT FROM hhh back on right now in it's entireity...every word....not cencership on this blog, if we can talk about lap things, we can concider HHH'S Comment...ok?

kvegas911 said...

*Gasp* I saw her too.....WOW!!! BTW, I am fairly convinced that those stupid ants would survive a holocaust with roaches. Feeling you about the washer/dryer situation-both of ours broke in the same week and we were struggling too until I was finally able to buy a set of used ones from Craig's List when the tax rebate finally came. *hugs* to you, honey.