Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Driving, Driving, Driving....

Tuesday dawned, bright and sunny. The chickens were crowing, the dew was glistening, and a short trip stretched out into the distance. HHH had an interview in Plant City for a maintenance position. Since we have gotten our new car, HHH has been letting me drive more.(safer vehicle=HHH doesn't worry about me driving). I have now found out I am a pretty good driver! I signal my intentions, always check my mirrors, never talk on the phone, and drive the speed limit (or 5 under it, in the slow lane.). This cannot be said for half the other drivers on the road. I was cut off, stopped short, swerved on, and pushed from behind. Do people not drive with courtesy anymore? If a sign would say 55mph, there would be one guy who was whizzing in and out of the cars doing 70mph! If there was a turn lane available, some guy wouldn't utilize it, and make a left turn from the far right, across three lanes of traffic! This is why I let HHH drive all the time. I saw a whole lot of people chatting on their phones instead of paying attention to the road. I think I may need to get one of those bumper stickers that say, "Hang Up And Drive!".

So we got to and from the interview. I was glad to get out of the house. There's only so much I can do in that little box. After going to Plant City, we headed back to Wall to Wall Mart. The kids scripts were ready at the pharmacy and that meant it is now time to go through our home stock and root out everything we no longer use. The Doctor has put Junior on the same kind of insulin as Morgan, and that meant we needed to go through our hurricane supplies and our back up supplies and remove any of the old bottles. While at Wall to Wall Mart, I asked the pharmacist if there was somewhere we could take the unopened, unused bottles of insulin we had. There has to be someone who can use them. I know they cannot be resold since they were already sent over the counter, but I just don't have the heart to throw them away! There needs to be a program where people can give back their unused medicine, and maybe it can go to someone who can't afford it. HHH is going to see if his boss uses the same insulin, and maybe we can give it to him.

We are planning to BBQ on the 4th. I may go get a blow up pool for the kids to play in while we BBQ. I know I want to make my baked potato salad again. That was good last year. I don't think I'll be smoking a pork shoulder this year. We're going to stick to the hamburgers, hot dogs, and ribs. Maybe some grilled corn on the cob, macaroni salad, and a big cake for dessert! We'll have to see......

5 comments:

Russ said...

Florida has some of the wackiest drivers around. I don't know if it is the heat or what, but I do know that if some of the Highway Nazi's, I mean police officers, from Virginia came down there, they would make their quotas several times over in a day or two. (I have several family members who are police officers, please don't flame me too badly, but the VA highway patrol are hardcore.)

Blondefabulous said...

Our Guys here are busy all the time! I saw cops with people pulled over several times during our short drives, but sheesh! We as a nation need to get over ourselves and start driving better!

Putz said...

i won't drive, drive drive, just put my head under a pillow, and hide , hide, hide

Finn said...

Forget the driving... I'm more interested in the cooking!

Tell me more about this baked potato salad...

Lady Jaye said...

I'm with Russ, the Virginia Highway Nazi's are HARDCORE. I've been pulled over there twice and the fines are ridiculous.

That being said, I'm a wild driver but I don't try to push people out of my way and I never weave in and out of lanes. Mostly I just drive way over the speed limit!