Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yard Sale Satruday!!

So, here I am, selling my goods outside on a glorious day in June! It is HOT and MUGGY! Of course it is, you fool, it's summer in Florida! I've already made $92 bucks and am hoping to make more..... Not even half of my stuff is gone. So as the day goes, I'll keep adding on. Mostly, there has been elderly people and Latino's looking at my stuff, but that makes sense since those are the main inhabitants of Bowling Green. I'll have pictures later too! Till then......


UPDATE: Ok, I got to about noon before the bottom dropped out, and I came a HUGE thunderstorm! My edlest, Rebecca, and I started bringing in all the stuff on the tables at the first sign of lightning. Whereas I will stay out in a light sprinkle, I do not see the benefit of staying out in a thunderstorm! I'll try again tomorrow. I have a bout 3 churches within a block of our house, and I am sure they will have a few people stopping by after services. Adam stopped by and left the comment to try and sell cold drinks, but I had so many hagglers, I'd have had someone try to bargin me down from $.50 to $.10 for a coke! Ha ha ha! Like I said..... I'll go back out tomorrow. I am glad I got a jump on starting early. I had the most customers between 7:30 and 9:00am.

2 comments:

Avitable said...

I need to have a yard sale soon, too. Here's a trick - go buy a few cases of soda and bottled water and set up a cooler and sell them for $1.00 for the sodas and $1.50 for the water and you'll make money on that, too.

Putz said...

i wonder how much a yard like mine would go for???