Friday, June 27, 2008

Things I Have Noticed....

As 36 is fast approaching, and seeing how I have classified 36 as being the gateway to my backslide into old age, I have been really looking at a few things in my life and around me and here are a few things I have noticed.....





I am a ravenous news junky.





Yep, I am subscribed to CNN, MSNBC, FOX News, etc..... I am a member of Morning Express With Robin Meade and I get the newsletter via email before the show even starts. I constantly check the news wires for new information and am constantly updating HHH, who could, literally, care less. I was a rabid newspaper subscriber when we lived in the big city, but have had to put that on the back burner now that I live in podunk nowheresville. I have no idea why I became this way. As a child, I only read the comic section and avidly protested newspapers as a form of tree genocide. As a member of the new generation, I firmly believed that anything you truly needed to know, you could get from TV and radio. Ha ha ha was I wrong! Now I am aware that everyone had an angle, everyone has an agenda. It pains me to not be able to find out every last minute detail of some story that has caught my attention from the wires. I want to be the insider in the story, to know what is really happening, not just what the government wants me to know. And I am really disappointed that celebrity meltdowns now qualify as "news". That isn't news, that's just sad. News is democracy for a dictated nation, survivors showing courage in the face of death and despair, rebirth after Mother Nature has shaken our belief in what is and isn't real. Oh hang on a minute, CNN is breaking something about oil reserves in the Gulf....





I can morph.





I can be whoever or whatever I need to be at that moment. Need a super mom who can pull a science project out of her ass the night before it is due? I got that! Need a wedding cake baker at the last minute because the person who promised you they'd make it as a gift now says pony up $100 or you won't get it?? I got that! Need a hot sex kitten who will make you forget your name with her tounge and fingers??? I got that too! I have found that I can be anyone or anything you need me to be, as long as I have access to the internet should a little research need to be done. I have always been this way, and because of this, I have never known who I really am. The funny thing is, I'm OK with that. I really don't mind being the go to girl when you need something really badly. I like to know I can save the day when it needs saving, and can make your day even when it doesn't!





I am obsessed with taking photos.





This isn't a recent realization either. I loved taking photos since I was a child. When I was 13 or 14, a beloved Godfather gave me a 35mm camera (this was a while ago people), and a few other goodies to use to take pictures with. I studied with 4-H and began to take some really great pictures. It continued into college where I took some really good picture with the Band and by myself. Then I got married to my first husband and my photo taking stopped. My first husband literally sapped the life from me, and when we were broke and hungry, I sold my camera and all the memories it held for a mere $100 so I could feed my husband and myself. (I was also 6 months pregnant at the time.) I never was able to take the beautiful photos I used too, not until I met HHH. He gave me my eye back. He gave me my inspiration back. He gave me a digital camera to start taking more photos! Now, I am the family photographer. I chronical EVERYTHING, and if you follow me on Flickr, you know this for a fact. I have multiple family jaunts to Universal and Busch Gardens, school events, yard sales, funny crap I see when in town, just about everything.





I have discovered blogging to be totally awesome!





When I began blogging a scant two years ago, I wasn't sure what I'd write about, when I'd write it, or what to even call my blog. I started out small, as an addendum to my Yahoo 360 page. I'd put up pictures of the kids, what we were doing for the weekend, yadda yadda yadda...... but as I moved on and began to blog more regularly, I found I had a voice that every once in a while, someone actually heard! This was coolio to me. Someone actually heard what I had to say, even if it was about my kids catching their first fish, or my laughter at Brittney's nervous break down. I am now unable to go a day with out reading and writing all that is Blog. I have a network of people I read EVERY DAY! I almost feel like I am going into withdrawl if I can't read the blogs I read all the time and I like to comment to everyone. HHH even reads my blog, he doesn't understand why I do it, but he reads it anyway. Support like that just can't be beat. One of the bloggers I read is currently in NYC at an event of her own design called "BrittCon". Several bloggers are there with her, taking in the sights, touring the Museum of SEX, going to the Statue of Liberty. It all sounds so chic and blogworthy.....



I have more. Just little things I have seen over time and are finally starting to filter through to the brain. I'll get to them sooner or later. Right now, I'll just leave it at these four and wait a few days before I continue on......

6 comments:

pinktomato said...

i noticed similar things as i got older too. i love what i have learned about myself and can honestly say i like myself best as i am right now. i am sure i will say the same a week from now and years from now. as we all keep growing and learning.

xoxox

Putz said...

hi sex kitten, super mom, morph, go to girl, adict, yes we do enjoy what you write, you have a big head for a reason...of course you are talking to a person who is in the same boat, even though you are a better writer than me, i told the poeple in my church how i love to blog and that it gave me skills and flashes of thought that i thought i could share with people like you and they said huh????they don't relate, you belong to an elite or maybe retared group, i am not sure

Nicole said...

mmmmm...I feel inadequate as a parent now cause if my kid tells me the day before a project is due - well he's just plain SOL! Then again, he's also 14 and should know better. I'm also wondering if I should blog, but I'm not feeling that I have anything blog worthy to write about. Add to that I'm a horrible writer. Although I guess I can't really screw up a description of what happened throughout my day, huh?

IRISHKAT said...

I have not jumped on the news bandwagon yet. Hubby is all on board but I just don't always have the interest. I can relate to you others noteworthy things though especially the photo and blog issues :)

Anonymous said...

She isnt really a sex kitten. All women say they are but are they really????

Blondefabulous said...

Hey Anonymous.....ask my husband! He'll tell ya!