Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer Rains....


Wow. Yesterday was a doozy when it comes to our South Florida summer rainstorms. For the first hour before the slow moving behemoth of a storm finally passed over us, we received severe lightning. Not just a pop here and a pop there, but loud, tree splitting cracks of lightning that echoed into the distance. My Yorkie shook in sheer, palpable fear from it! Morgan held him throughout most of it. I was cooking dinner and keeping an eye to the window to track where the storm was headed. I had been looking at the Weather Channel online, but the track of the radar, and what I was watching just didn't jive. I figured it would be better to keep a lookout.


We got a small chest freezer and another A/C yesterday as well. The freezer was a necessity since even though the fridge has been looked at and repaired, it still doesn't freeze anything solid. Now I can freeze what I need to and just use the whole fridge as a fridge. The A/C will make it easier to cool the whole house without straining the main A/C unit.


Then, As the storm was going over, I got the worst headache! It felt like my sinuses just all stopped up at once! I was off balance, nauseous, and in major pain. I thought it was because of not having eaten in quite a while, but it was bad even after I ate.... so I figured it had to be the weather. I have noticed that when the sky darkens, I get these headaches. Time to stock up on the sinus and allergy medicine I guess, but this never used to happen before.


The Poll is now closed. I had asked what everyone was doing with their stimulus check and I left it open for multiple answers. "Bills" got the most votes with 5, followed by "Vacation" with 4. Then it was a dead heat between "Savings" and "Stuff" with 1 vote each. One thing that really surprised me was no one marked "Gas" as a choice! I figured with gas predicted at going as high as $5 a gallon, it would surely eat up a percentage of the checks, but no. No one chose that. Weird.


Not much else going on today. I am making plans for what I am going to make for Father's Day on Sunday, and we are trying to decide what to do on Monday for our wedding anniversary. I still don't know what to get him as a gift. He's not a gifty kind of person, which make it extremely difficult to get him anything! Maybe I'll put it to a vote.....

2 comments:

Putz said...

that is so sad about those boy scouts, i just thought of that when you mentioned the lightening......

Lady Jaye said...

I get really bad headaches during monster storms. I'm sure it has something to do with all of the pressure or whatever. As for the anniversary gift, for the one anniversary I got to celebrate I went the "traditional" route and got him something made of paper. Just google traditional wedding anniversary gifts and there are a lot of unique options.