Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday....In The Park... Every Day's The .....


Ahhhh.... here it is, Saturday morning, and the kids are enjoying TV that's not fuzzy with static! I don't think I've seen them happier, 'cept maybe when I was making the caramel French toast yesterday morning.


It's not going to be all TV and laziness this summer though. Noooooooo! I have a plan that I put into motion yesterday and it seems to have worked well. In the morning, after we have had breakfast and taken care of insulin application, the house gets a thorough cleaning. That includes jobs appropriate for each child, like vacuuming for the eldest, down to garbage duty for the boy. I take care of the mopping and anything involving chemicals, but anything else goes. After the house is clean, it's lunch time and after that, it's outside into the sunshine and fresh air for 5 hours of imagination and play. I think we can keep that up for 2 months right?


Monday is a trip to the endocrinologist's office. We're off to Lakeland to hit up CMS and get them to examine the kids. The school nurse has even given us next year's school plans to get filled out! I am hoping that they'll change up Junior's insulin regimen and put him on the Lantus like his sister. It has really evened her out and I am hoping that's what it'll do to him too. I'm sure we'll get the usual "Correct diet and exercise" spiel, which is what we have been doing at home, but the school is more reactive, not proactive. That means they don't give insulin in anticipation of a meal, they give it a few hours after, and when you do that, of course the sugar level is going to be higher two hours later when you check. I understand, though, that a school nurse can only do as much as a schools policy says they can. Still..... it'd be nice if they were more proactive.


{sigh}


Time to get out of bed, I suppose, and get started on the day. I don't wanna though.... I want to stay in bed and relax. Maybe I'll get up later.... around lunch time. It's mac and cheese with little hot dog slices day! Whoo hoo!

2 comments:

Putz said...

hey, get out of bed, you are bunin daylight, places to go things to do....lazy mary you must get up, must get up,

Blondefabulous said...

nope! I got nothing to do, no whee to be, and am elaxin for the duration.....