Sunday, June 8, 2008

It Was A Dark & Crappy Night....




Sheesh! I was having the worst evening yesterday. First, we had to go to the store and pick up a few things, after fighting the Saturday evening traffic (which was more than you'd think in this little podunk town), we get back and I have Rebecca check the mail box. There was one letter in it. A letter from the CMS in Lakeland. The CMS that we have an appointment to go to and get the kids checked out by the endocrinologist. The letter says the appointment has been cancelled, and please do not show up. No reason why, no new appointment date, nothing!! I am pissed off. HHH had asked for that day off already from work, I had gotten all the appropriate forms from the school nurse and new forms for the coming year. My daughter's prescriptions are out of date and I needed to have them renewed at this appointment. I left a "choice" message for the care coordinator as to how unhappy I was with this decision and how URGENT it is that I need a new appointment for my kids! From there, it went down hill.


I waited for the Belmont to go down. I, like many others, was rooting for Big Brown to win the triple crown. There hasn't been a triple crown winner since my husband was born! 29 years! I was really rootin' for him. Then the race began and it looked like Big Brown was gonna win it.... but in the last turn something looked wrong. The jockey pulled BB up and out of the way of the other horses, and BB finished dead last. I started thinking that maybe something was wrong like with 8 Belles at the Preakness and maybe the jockey didn't want that outcome to happen to BB. I was sad that it went down like that, but better a live loser than a dead winner. Maybe next year....


Then, in the middle of the night while I was trying to sleep, the power kept going off. I know this because the A/C makes a beeping noise when it loses power. So, for the next 3 to 3 1/2 hours, I was listening to the electricity flip on and off.




beep. beep. BEEP! BEEP!




It sucked. I got no sleep. I felt like crap. Finally, sometime around 4:30am or 5am, it came back on for good. I relaxed back into the sweet oblivion of slumber, only to hear the kids start to stir around 8 am. {sigh} Time to just tune it out and let HHH take care of it.


I slept on for a while. It felt good to sleep in. Then I felt a big thump in the bed. I shot up out from the covers and blinked several times. HHH was perched on the side of the bed with breakfast in hand, OJ at the ready, smiling from ear to ear. He said I always make breakfast for him, it was my turn to enjoy it. It was sooooo sweet! He really is a great hubby!




So now, we went and got the laundry done, HHH has put up a mini blind in the kitchen, and I am going to get ready to make BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, and baked beans for dinner I am gonna be lighting up the telephone tomorrow if I don't hear back from the care coordinator at CMS. I am also going to call Dr. Apu and see if he can put some pressure on them too. I also have to ask him if he can write new scripts for Morgan for her stuff. Ah....fun.




2 comments:

Putz said...

in ephraim, our power goes off when the wind blows a little, and most days are windy here, hope that your sweet kids get all their appointments, i have no idea what you have to go through,,,,at least you have something to blog about...i would love to see bowling green., but with gas prices probably never will. how far are you from ashbourgh north carolina?

Blondefabulous said...

About 800 to 1000 miles from there Putz! It's worth it though. A nice little place to retire. Down here, on the Peace River, 2 traffic lights in the nearest town, ( 1that doesn't work here in BG.).