Thursday, June 26, 2008

Is It The Weekend Yet?

Ugh. I didn't sleep very well last night.I tried to go to bed early with HHH, but I just ended up playing Mario Party DS for an hour and eventually nodding off, but I kept waking back up quite a bit. It's just crappy that I have to take Tylenol PM or something to that effect to get a decent night's sleep! Then add on the chickens that start crowing at 5am and I am just beat. Yawn! I need the weekend to hurry up and get here.

My birthday trip to Universal has been crapped up. We were going to go during the week of July 4th, mainly because my birthday is on July 2nd and we were just going to party on through the fourth and watch the fire works at Universal. No go. The tickets we got have that whoooooooole week blacked out, and we didn't notice it when we made that purchase. CRAP! So now we are planning a shorter stay the week after and I am just going to ignore my birthday until then! Heck I could take another week before turning 36. Nooooo problem. I didn't want to turn 36 anyway. This birthday is what I considered the midpoint in my life.(insert mid-life crisis here!) Most women in my family croaked around 70, maybe 71. So, in keeping with the family time line, that makes 36 the start of the backslide into old age. I'm not worried about it. I have people tell me every day that I don't look like I am close to 36. I still get carded occasionally. (w00t) I think that I need to start taking care of me better from here on out, though. You know, eat better, sleep better, all that jazz. We'll see.

I'm going to try and yard sale again this weekend. There's a 50% chance of rain though, so I may get rained out by the afternoon. I made over $100 last week, so here's hoping I have the same luck. If I don't sell it all this week, I'm just going to donate it to the local thrift store. I gotta get all this stuff situated and put away. Good news! I got my washer working in here! Now I can wash and hang it out on the line, or as I call it, my solar powered clothes dryer! Ha ha! The kids love that one.

Time to go and hang a few sheets out on the line. Sigh.......Summer!

8 comments:

Putz said...

all my girls have birthdays in july, honest it is an impossible month to keep up with them alll, my first girl karen july 6, my mother in law july 24th, my second daughter rebecca july 20th and my lovely wife july 21st..oh and blondefab july, was it the 6th...happy b.day

Blondefabulous said...

So what you're saying is, you were quite busy the October before, Huh Putz?

Putz said...

july second is your birthday, the shack is about a man who has his duaghter abducted right from under his nose as they are camping(without the mother) in the moutains, and of course he feels responsible...the girl is sexually molested and the guy is having to say the least a hard time...so god who is a african woman appears to him and invites him to the shack where his daughter was raped, moleted etc.also there is jeus christ who is a short meek sawed off little guy, a muslum, and the holy ghost who is kind of a flipant happy go lucky live and let live kind of guy...the whole book is spent teaching their humanistic philosphy on how to not be mad at the person who raped hiis daughter and try to make peace with the father who molested him,,,,does that answer your huh???

pinktomato said...

oh. so that means you wont be here for my store opening then, huh?

I can't imagine driving 18 hours to ohio isnt the least bit appealing to you.

i'm hurt.

Blondefabulous said...

Well, I was planning on going, but gas prices and all kinda made it a little out of our reach! I'm trying to figure out how to enter your contest. I am so totally crappy at crafty things!

Lady Jaye said...

I should have known you were a fellow Cancer. Your birthday is the day after mine! I'll be 26 and while I don't really mind the age it does put me in my "late 20's" and I do find that a bit disconcerting especially with the way my life has been going lately. I'm hoping my 30's are awesome.

pinktomato said...

there is a crafty girl inside you just waiting to show herself!! go with what inspires you and i'm sure you will be happy at what you create!!

Bec said...

Oh to be carded - the reason it still happens to you must be all the clean living... I have only once had that pleasure and it was when I had hit 23... and I think the bartender was doing it for a joke. Funny.