Saturday, June 14, 2008

Friday Decided To Be A Jerk.


Man! Yesterday was not being kind to me. It was Friday the 13th, and I felt every bit of it. It started with a knock at the door. The Bug Doctor was here to measure the house for termite tenting. I say OK, and go to get dressed. Then I hear the garbage truck coming down the road, aaaaannnnndddd I look out by the mail box and see..... HHH forgot to put out the trash cans! Great! I throw on something over my jammies, slip on my sandals and rush out the door to drag the cans out to the mail box before the truck passes my house! Then, the kids being full of energy in the morning, but not wanting to do their chores. Hmph. Ok, throw the little buggers outside and relax. That works for about two hours...... then a thunderstorm rolls in for the ENTIRE afternoon! Ugh. So now I have the runts stuck in the house, full of energy, with nothing to do. Double ugh. I start to feel another sinus migraine coming on. Triple ugh!!!! I run to the medicine cabinet to get some sinus medication, hoping to head it off before it starts. No good. I begin to feel like someone has taken an aluminum baseball bat and teed off on my right temple, neck and shoulder! It hurts so bad, I almost throw up my chicken parm twice. Then, to top it all off, THE STUPID FRICKIN' PHONE WON'T STOP RINGING!!!!!!!!! AAAUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!! I am in severe pain and have people trying to sell me newspaper subscriptions, satellite service, bill collectors for the woman who used to live here, etc etc etc.......???? Why me?


Ugh! I just can't say it enough. UGH! And of course, through all of that, the dog was cowering at my side. Poor Toby is deathly scared of thunder and hides under the covers when it approaches. He shakes more than a chocolate malt at a Tastee Freeze! Luckily the storm passed with out the hail and high winds that were predicted, but the RV park across the street lost a tree or two to the lightning. Once the rain had let up a bit, I saw that one of our garbage cans that I rushed out to the road was now occupying the middle of the road. Once more I throw on my shoes and jog out to get my trash can before it is flattened by a grove truck. Just as I am walking back in the door, the world whites out for a second....then two....... then BOOM!!!!! Huge lightning strike takes out another tree across the street. I decide that should another of my trash cans decide to occupy the road space....it can just darn well stay there! I'll buy another one!!


Speaking of buying another one, we went to Wall to Wall Mart after the HHH came home. We needed more fresh fruit and milk for the homestead, and I was going to look for a different brand of sinus medication that may work better than the crap I was taking earlier in the day. A little fresh air helped a lot. We got home, I took my new meds, and I drifted off in to dream land sans migraine. Ahhh.... bliss!


So now to see what today brings......

7 comments:

Putz said...

boy you really are a drug addict. you in la la land with some over the counter medicine...you are hooked girl....and we get freezing weather so i'm niot going to be sypathetic to you

Blondefabulous said...

This is so new to me, I've never had the thunderstorms affect my sinuses so badly.... and I can't be laying around in bed for it. I have to be up and about taking care of my kids.....you know.... the ones with diabetes!!! Ha ha, yeah, so I am willing to try anything that will make my head stop hurting so I can take care of my family!!

Evil Lady Jr. said...

Try the pressure point located in the webbing between your thumb and figner. If you massage it firmly, like really, really firmly it can help lessen pain. See if the doc'll write u for some imitrex too. Thanks for coming, BTW- who loves ya, baby?

Blondefabulous said...

Holy Christ Woman! I almost shit a brick when Idid my daily blog roll check and you weren't there! That combined with the ominous entry the day before and I was thinking all kinds of things!!! I figged it was Fri the 13th screwing with me some more.....
Glad to see you....am I allowed to put you on my blog roll?? I did already but I can take it off if it is a problem....

Good to have you back. :-)

PS- do we get to leave you comments? It was turned off today.

Putz said...

what some crazy stuff in the department????i know everyone there is pregnant, and i even suspect some of th m--..........

Putz said...

so how do i get in touch with julia?

Lady Jaye said...

Yuck - that does sound like a terrible Friday the 13th. I'm glad you didn't get flattened by the tree though.