Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

It's Sunday. Father's Day. The day we celebrate all our father's and father figures. I started out the morning making a huge breakfast for HHH to enjoy in bed. Bacon, sausage, eggs, hash browns... you get the picture. The kids all came out and wished him a happy father's day. I wished him a happy father's day. HHH's father called and wished him a happy father's day. It has been a happy father's day all around so far,.....so why do I feel so crappy? Why do I feel like I'm not doing enough to make it a great day? I got to go to Universal for mother's day..... we rode rides and had a blast. We didn't get to do anything close to that today. We aren't even going to get to go and see the movie HHH wanted to see(Iron Man) because the only theater showing it is in Bradenton. He has settled for going to go see Kung Fu Panda and I just KNOW he doesn't want to go see that.
I guess I just feel crappy because even though HHH says he is having a nice day.....I can't do crap to really make it a nice day. We had to pay storage on our furniture so I couldn't get him a nice gift, can't afford to take him out to the movie he wants to see, basically I can't do crap for him. It just sucks. Yeah yeah, I know, "It's the thought that counts.", but really people. I gotta say that I need to be able to do something for him. He never gives me any ideas for gifts to get him, never asks for anything, what's a girl to do??

I guess I'll just smile and keep asking him if I can do anything for him.... and then just nod when he tells me no again.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Well I'm sorry that HHH couldn't see Ironman, but Kung Fu Panda wasnt THAT bad! I loved it!! I hope you all enjoyed it!!

Lady Jaye said...

I know how tough it is to be without money and without the capabilities to provide even the small things that your loved one wants. Just let him know how much you love him. I think when all is said and done that is the greatest gift you can give.

Putz said...

take it from a man, it is the thought that counts

Putz said...

no on the other hand, it is the loot that counts

Putz said...

burma shave