Sunday, June 1, 2008

Countdown To Summer.

4 days. There are 4 days left in the school year. We have 4 days until the kids are home all day and I have to find something for them to do. I am gonna have to get a swing set or something. Lucky for me, the kids like to play outside. We have instilled in them a deep sense of play. hey have a Game Cube, a DS, and a GameBoy, but most days, they just wanna be outside running around in the sunshine! I keep plenty of refillable water bottles on hand so that they stay hydrated, and they'll be out there for hours, using imagination to wile away a sunny afternoon. I still think I need to get a swing set.

I am comfortably ensconced in my bed, watching TV and enjoying my cinnamon rolls and...............WAITING FOR THE SATELLITE GUY TO SHOW!
Oh yeah! We called the Dish people after this last cable crap fest and set up an appointment for satellite to be put in. They are coming today between 12pm and 5pm. I am excited! Finally, TV that won't always be fuzzing in and out. I guess we'll be giving our converter boxes to HHH's brother in Wauchula. He just moved into a new house himself, and probably can't afford to put in cable or satellite right at the moment. Yep, he finally got out from under the oppressive in-laws, let's just hope it stays that way! Besides, the in-laws have the other kid to worry about now. I mean, their son just graduated, and has a child on the way. That Karma can really be a bitch, huh?!
OK, back to TV. I am just beside myself with all this. At least I will be able to watch CNN finally. I think I may have to make some kind of schedule for the kids and my TV watching, like, while we're cleaning the house, (and that will happen on a daily basis!), Mom gets to watch her programs, and after the kids have been out playing and need to come in to rest and drink water, they can watch their programs. My eldest daughter likes Hannah Montana and the Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Mo-Mo likes that too, and if she can get some Care Bears, or My Little Pony cartoons in there she's OK too! Junior is a boy who likes some Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. Weird right? Anyway, I'm just glad this time it is a reputable company, not just some cold calling nonsense! Yesterday, we got a confirmation call from the satellite company about our installation for today. That made me feel better. I guess it was a good thing the other people never came.

Well, I gotta go and get started cleaning up. Don't want the satellite guy to see a messy house......

2 comments:

Putz said...

surely your house is never messey?

Blondefabulous said...

3 kids + 1 HHH = messy on a regular basis. Add to that the dog and the cat and I have lots of things to clean. Plus I am just a neat freak anyway so I keep busy.