Thursday, June 19, 2008

Banging One Out.

Alrighty then! I am going to bang out something really quick so I can get back to the unpacking. Here goes...

Even though a storage facility SAYS it is clean and vermin free, doesn't mean it actually is.

You never find what you are looking for until the last place you look.

It is almost impossible to fit a 3 bedroom house full of crap into a 2 bedroom house. Like fitting 10 lbs. of shit in a 5 lb. bag.

When the kids have lived without their toys for 4 months, getting them back is like Christmas all over again.

The worlds biggest bug will always be living in the smallest box you go to open.

Said bug will jump out at you and scare the living daylights out of you.

The family photos that you hang on the walls will make you happy and sad all at the same time.

You realize that even if you get everything in the house unpacked, there are still 20 more boxes on the front porch waiting for you.

It will always rain when you are moving. ALWAYS!

The people you ask to help you move will see your naughty items accidentally.

Some part of you body will be severely disfigured and/or mangled while moving the heavy furniture that has no real hand holds the move it with. (My heel now has a HUGE hole in it.)

I am procrastinating unpacking because I am tired. I have gotta get those boxes in the kitchen unpacked and go through what I want to sell at the yard sale I am planning. I have enough kitchen crap to choke Emeril with. The kids have waaaay too many stuffed animals too. Their grandfather wins stuffed animals from those crane machine thingys and sends them to the kids all the time. The man is some kind of crane machine savant. Anyway, the kids now have a CRAPLOAD of these stuffed toys and we have to pare down just to fit it all in the room. So now I have to go and get dressed and start going through our crap. HHH was here to help yesterday, but I am on my own with the kids today. To make matters even more fun, it is raining AGAIN outside and I can't throw the kids out there when they start to bother me. Bollocks!

Oh well, here's to having my stuff again and making a house into a home.

4 comments:

IRISHKAT said...

I am going to print this out and hang it to remind me what all moving entails so when I want to move I will bang my head against the wall. :)

Putz said...

give me the details, NOW, also i finaly read my e mail, this is so exciting about julia, like being in the middle of a dean koontz book...i am so proud of her standing up to be counted although i guess her captain din't appreciate it, but i was always intrigued by her stories...oh what i want is the details about your move, you never tell me anything

Putz said...

oh, i just figured out you moved from your storage shed to the ome in bolwing greem...it doesn't take long for a demented person like me to catch on

Lady Jaye said...

Ugh - for the record you are completely right on all accounts. When I moved into this apartment the table was dropped on my foot and I wound up with a nasty black bruise on it for a couple of weeks.