Wednesday, May 14, 2008

While You Were Out.....

Hello all. As you can see, we are once more up and running on the Internet! I am happier than a tornadee in a trailer park. Now if the yokels around here can just keep from screwing things up, I'll be great! Over the weekend, I was blogging from the hotel we had been staying at. I felt like a junky getting a fix as I logged on! Anyway, Here are a few things you may have missed while I was in the black hole.....

Karma. She can be a bitch. She has a way of coming back and smacking you on the ass with a spike studded paddle if you piss her off. I just knew she had my back! I love Karma! Over the last week, I found out that the son of the people that threw my family out on the street had gotten a family friend pregnant. Yep. Their 18 year old son, who I had suspected was the whole reason behind us being thrown out in the first place, got a 22 year old girl pregnant. Just the thought of that self righteous woman telling me as she put us out, "My children are angels and you and yours need to leave.", makes me laugh now! Seems the kid was telling his parents that he was "uncomfortable" with us staying there, and he "needed his privacy" and all. Well, we see why he wanted privacy....... and the kicker was, it wasn't even his girlfriend!! So now these hateful people have two kids who have gotten pregnant before they have even gotten out of high school. Yep. I'm the bad parent, whatever!

HHH is now permanently working for our landlord. The man has several properties around the county and HHH is going to keep them maintained properly. I'm excited.

Everything around here is having babies!!! ('cept me!) The other day I found another bird's nest, and a passel of kittens! I guess that comes with living out in the boonies, but it's getting old. No one keeps their animals penned up. No one seems to be looking after their animals. I feel bad for the critters, but I know if I feed them, then that will be just asking for trouble! Lately I have been chasing off the chickens, but to no avail. I want to seed the front yard with grass seed, but I need to get the kind that had fertilizer on the seed, and I am afraid that the chickens will come over and eat it and die! I also want to put down some bug killer, but I have the same problem. The chickens may be annoying, but I don't want them stewed just yet!

My kids had a literacy fair at school. I think I wrote on that already, but it was fun. Each class did projects, and there was a book sale. I was a little dismayed that the snacks they offered did not accommodate my diabetics, but, all in all, it was good. The school was taking pictures of the parents with their kids in front of their new mural. What I didn't understand was why they were holding it during work hours. The fair was from 8:30 am to 10:30 am. That's prime work hours for most parents. It didn't look like there was a big turn out either and I wondered if more people would have come if it had been from 5:30pm to 8:30pm? I'll just file that question under the same category with, "Why did they not make Good Friday a holiday this year?".

And that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure things will come to me during the day. I need to write things down when I think of them. I will think of something great to blog about, then promptly forget about it in a minute or two. Must be the old age coming.........

6 comments:

Putz said...

ya, you need to be preggers,lots of kids are the sollution to all problems, and i am glad to have you in bowling green, and i have always thought your kids were just wonderful, and i love your writing, i gusess that is why i really blog is cause of all the writing, brtter than a book

Blondefabulous said...

Well Putz, HHH and I have discussed more kids, and after much soul searching, we decided not to have any more. My last two children have both been diagnosed with Diabetes, and I have Celiac's along with my daughter. It would be a hard pregnancy and a harder childbirth. I just can't in good concious bring another child into this world with the possibility of life long illness in their future. I'll just dote on the ones I have!!

Russ said...

The chickens should keep the bugs in check, no? As to the grass seed, you may need to cover it in straw (not that it will stop the chickens, but they may miss a few of the seeds).

Blondefabulous said...

I am talking fleas. They just don't get the fleas, and my dog and cat are going nuts! I want to put down some Amdro for the ants and spectracide for the fleas.... But I don't want to incure the ire of my neighbors by killing off their chickens!

H. said...

My island is over-run with chickens. And it's illegal to kill the damn things. I guess I'll just have to stick with fish.

Christina LMT said...

Well, maybe a few dead chickens would teach your neighbors to keep their fowl penned! You could even give them written advanced notice, then they'd have no way to hold you liable.
And karma IS a bitch. Serves them right.