Friday, May 16, 2008

What's The Name Of The Game? I WIN!!!!!!


HA!


I win!


Yesterday, I wrote about my discussion with HHH about..... canned frosting. {shudder} Yeck! Canned frosting tastes like the plastic can it is stored in. Why he would have a craving for it, I just don't know, but it only took the threat of the bakery closing to get him to see the light! He got his Devil's Food Cake with Milk Chocolate icing and I got the satisfaction of showing him that the canned stuff is in no way better than my yummy, home made goodness.


Milk Chocolate Buttercream Icing:

1C. butter unsalted

1 2lb bag powdered sugar

1 tsp. PURE vanilla extract

1/2 C. milk chocolate chips

2 TBS. milk


Warm the butter to room temperature. In a mixer, beat the butter until fully softened. Add powdered sugar a little at a time, fully combining each time before more is added. When the icing reaches a stiffer consistency, add the vanilla. In a small sauce pan, melt the chocolate chips on LOW heat, scraping the bottom and sides so as not to burn the chocolate. (You can use a double boiler if you aren't going to be watching it, just don't get water in the chocolate, It'll seize!) Slowly add the chocolate to the icing. Mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl. Add the milk and beat until icing becomes a spreadable consistency. Ice a fully cooled, 8", layer cake.


Sounds yummy, right? It was, or so HHH told me. I haven't had any yet. I may have a tiny piece after dinner tonight. Oooooo..... I wonder if it will go with shrimp scampi and oven roasted veggies?

4 comments:

Putz said...

hmm, is it chocolat??

Blondefabulous said...

Read the recipe again Putz... you'll see!

Christina LMT said...

*drool*

Must...have...cake...!

kvegas911 said...

Why, o why, do I always read your blog in the middle of the night at work when I can't have any of the goodies you make? OMG I'm drooling! You do it to me every time, girl!