Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday Night Cruise In Old Town.

We went down to Old Town after dinner tonight. It was the Saturday Night Cruise and man, were those cars niiiiiiiiiice! My favorites are below....
The classic Firebird Convertible. I love this car! I have some fond memories from my childhood about this car. Being fire engine red was nice. Back when I was a kid, they were all a forest green.

Oh, and then there is the classic Vette. I love a beautiful classic corvette. This one was pretty pretty, shiny shiny.
And then there was Herbie! I can remember watching the original Herbie movies on the wonderful world of Disney hour when I was a kid. I was thinking to myself...."Where's the Lindsey Lohan look alike..... probably off getting a vodka jello syringe." yes they actually had a shop selling these huge syringes filled with a vodka/jello mix that you just shoot into your mouth. Wild, right?? Anyway, I tried to get a photo of the replica of the General Lee. Yep, someone had a real General Lee! It was so cool. There had to be at least 150 cars at the cruise tonight, and they were all awesome.

3 comments:

Putz said...

why does everybody look at things they can't have...my wife want a new car, but she can't have it

Russ said...

I love those old cars. Too many of today's cars are designed in a wind tunnel and not by an artist's eye.

Putz: There is nothing wrong with looking at stuff you can't have. I'll never own a Picasso, but that won't stop me from going to a museum to look at one.

Blondefabulous said...

I remember the Firebird from my childhood. It wasn't that I couldn't have them, just the feelings and emotions they evoked in me.