Friday, May 9, 2008

Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated!

No, I have not fallen off of the face of the Earth....Some yeehaw dumbass redneck decided to plow a field clearly marked as having contained an underground communications cable and voila'....... not Internet for me till the 13th!! Oh joy! Oh crap!!! I am so pissed. Just because we live in the middle of nowhere, we are at the mercy of the company who fixes stuff like this. Hmph..... Here are some things you missed....I found out one of the plants out front of our house was a yellow rose. My favorite! It bloomed just in time for Mother's Day!
The baby finches were growing like weeds! There were three of them. They were fat and sassy!
And then they flew the coop just this past Thursday! The mama finch coaxed them out of the nest and out the door of the shed. They flew to a big bush in the neighbors yard where mama is currently teaching them how to forage on their own. The circle of life is complete and my kids got to see it. Seems they appreciate it more when they can see it.
The rose again. There were three blooms and they were awesome!
Morgan at the literacy fair! The school had a book fair and small display for each class. Junior and Rebecca had projects to... I'll get those on there as soon as can.

We are currently back in Orlando for a Mother's Day weekend extravaganza! The Simpson's ride opened this past weekend and we are all psyched to go see what the Universal crew has done with the old back to the future ride. More later.....

4 comments:

Putz said...

happy mother's day mom,

Russ said...

Welcome back! I was wondering where you had gone...

pinktomato said...

i think we could all use an internet black out every now & then!

Nicole said...

OMG I'm glad you're okay!! Hope you have a blast this weekend and Happy Mother's Day to you!!! :)