Friday, May 23, 2008

The Repairman Cometh....

Finally! The refrigerator repair man has shown up. I thought we were going to be screwed. Yesterday, I had to call the place it was purchased from and the guy who sold it to us wasn't there, so I left a message about not wanting to lose $1000 worth of insulin and related products because of improper cooling and storage. About 3 hours later, the sales guy shows up at the house to look at it and gets it running in a half assed sort of way, and says he will send the repairman out tomorrow at 8 am. He said the repair man was supposed to show up that day, but for some reason got his wires crossed. (Ha ha....electrical repair joke!) So now I am trying to get across what's been happening with the fridge to a guy who speaks in broken English with a heavy Mediterranean accent! How fun!!!!!!

I am still painting. We rolled out the kitchen walls last night. I have noticed that when there is NOTHING on TV, I get more done around the house! All of my shows are done for the season. I don't know about you, but I feel cheated with my TV shows ending their seasons when during the strike we were having to already watch repeats. Suckity suck! I think the Networks should have extended the seasons to cover the shows we missed as a result of them being bastards to the writers! You know, as a good faith gesture to us loyal fans. Yeah, and when that happens, I'll have a bridge to sell you! I am really hopeful that this Tuesday we will be getting our cable installed! Whoop whoop! I will be able to watch CNN again. And the Food Network! And Discovery Channel! And WWE Monday Night Raw! The last one is for HHH and my daughter. I got one of those cold calls at dinner time, (the annoying, solicitor time), and the woman on the other end said that we were eligible for cable. I asked her to check again because we had been told when we moved in that we were not in a coverage area for the cable company, and she did and said, yes we were, so I set up an appointment for this next Tuesday to get cable installed! Whoo-hoo! I am gonna be happier than a kindergartner in a finger paint factory!

Oooohhhh! Glad I said paint. I kind of went off on a TV tangent! Well, I am going to finish trimming out the kitchen today. I need to do the last of the cabinets, (The annoyingly difficult ones in the corner!), the baseboards, and the kitchen door! HHH and I found that we have quite a bit of yellow left from the kitchen walls, so we decided to do the bathroom as well. It is a small bathroom, and it should be nice. A sunny yellow to get you going in the morning! I'll do the baseboards white in there. First things first though, I have to kill the ants that are trying to take over in there! It is ridiculous! The landlord gave us 2 big bags of AMDRO to put down in the yard, but it has to stop raining long enough for me to put it down! All this home improvement is making me feel awesome!

Repair Guy is going to let the fridge get cold again and come back to see what it is doing. I could tell him what it's doing. It's freezing up and not cooling! I'll keep everyone posted on what goes on and photo's of what the kitchen will look when it's done!

Stay Tuned.......

3 comments:

Putz said...

I HOPE WHEN YOU GET CABLE, THAT Dosen't mean that you spend less time blogging...aliens showed up at our house in rush valley again, this time they want me

Blondefabulous said...

Oh Putz! Aliens???

Did they come in peace, or were they here to blow up the planet to make way for a new intesteller spaceway??

"So long and thanks for all the fish...."

Putz said...

no, they came because they wqant me