Friday, May 16, 2008

I Hate Stupid People!!!

Humph! I am angry, fed up, and disgusted, all wrapped into one package. People have to learn how to care for their animals and stop throwing them out on the streets to drop litter after litter with no health care or nutrition. I was looking out my windows toward the rear yard and I saw the mother cat who dropped the litter of kittens in the brush. She was casually sauntering through the yard, stopped to crap in a hole, then went off into the underbrush behind the neighbors. Then I see it. One of the kittens is laying in the sun in the back yard. I look at it, and it doesn't look good. "Uh-oh..." I think to myself, "This doesn't look right." So, I go outside and take a look and sure enough, it isn't doing well at all. I get close enough to get a good look at him, and he sluggishly rolls over and attempts to hiss at me, but is to weak to even seem threatening. He was covered in fleas and ants, and was skinny and lethargic. I felt bad. I picked him up and took him to our shed. It was empty since the finches have flown the coop. I laid him down in a cozy corner on a fluffed sheet, and proceeded to call animal control. I was wondering if the little guy was even going to make it until the AC guy got here. Luckily he did, and the AC guy said that it looked like his bowels were blocked and that if they could get the blockage cleared, they could put it on IV fluids and nurse it back to health. That sounded good.

Funny thing that happened while I was waiting on the AC guy to show up. I was outside throwing out the garbage and I saw a blue van drive by. I saw the driver practically break their neck turning to look at me and while I am flattered, I really didn't think much of it. I went back inside and started cleaning up the kitchen and heard a knock a the door. It was the van people. Turns out they are Jehovah's Witnesses and wanted to know if I had time to talk. I politely answered no that I was busy cleaning and waiting on the AC guy to show up. I was n ice, took the pamphlets, and didn't even toss them in the trash until after the van had left. It made me think, are these folks actually just randomly driving around neighborhoods, looking for folks who are home, and then stopping by to try and push their religion? Seems to me the home invaders do the same thing! I hope these people are careful who's door they knock on.



Oh and another funny thing that happened last night, totally unrelated to the aforementioned subjects, I was cooking dinned last night, and as I was dishing up the green beans, I saw something that looked weird. Turns out, there were flowers in my green beans! We are talking frozen, from Wally World green beans! I found about half a dozen before the night was through. Much too weird. I hope the scampi and veggies turn out OK.

5 comments:

Putz said...

haave you ever thought of glumping on to the blog, just my life....she make your life look very simple

Christina LMT said...

You know, just about every humane society has low- or no-cost spay and neuter programs. I wonder why more people don't take advantage of them?
I saw a cute mini dachshund at the dog park today; its balls were almost dragging on the ground! I think all pets should be spayed or neutered, unless you are a licensed breeder.

Don't know what to say about the flowers, they have me stumped. Were they at least pretty?

Blondefabulous said...

Not pretty enough to eat! :-)

pinktomato said...

i hate stupid people too.

dont mean to change the subject though: mmmmm. i am going to try that buttercream recipe - but i'm sorry i gotta say it - i loved canned frosting LOL. I melt it and pour it on a bundt cake. or i dip graham crackers in it. or i sometimes, for fun, thom & I stick our fingers in the can and just eat it. thats sick right? NOW i gotta make a cake this weekend thank you very much! why dont you open a shoppe! baking cakes and yummy goodness for all the nice folks in wachula...???

kvegas911 said...

Well, did it make a pretty dinner? At least it wasn't a frog, like those pics of a bag of salad from Walmart on the internet....