Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Getting On My Last Everlovin' Nerve!!!






Ever notice how when you are waiting on something, it never happens??




Cable never happened.




I spent all day yesterday waiting on the cable guy. If you follow me on Twitter, you know what I am talking about. I even had Finn ask God to explain why the cable man usually doesn't show up. All to no avail, it seems.




At lunch time, when HHH came home and saw there was no cable box, he called the company to see what was the hold up. Wow! We found out that....




1) THE CABLE COMPANY DOES NOT COME OUT THIS FAR INTO THE BOONIES!


2)THEY HAD NEVER HEARD OF THEIR COMPANY COLD CALLING PEOPLE TO SELL THEIR PRODUCT!


3)EVEN IF THE DID COME OUT HERE TO BFE, THEY WOULD ONLY BE ABLE TO TUNE IN THE BASIC, 25 CHANNEL PACKAGE!




Needless to say, I was pissed off. No CNN, no Food Network, no A&E Network! So now I am wondering whether this was a scam of the calling company where they only get paid by how many appointments they set up and there was no follow through, or if some guy with a magnetic sign is eventually going to arrive at my door and ask for money and then unceremoniously take off with it. Either way I am still left with my rabbit ears on the TV right now. Annoying, yes. Totally without TV, no. We get all the local channels, so I'm OK. When and if out tax rebate ever comes in, we are gonna have satellite installed. We know that can be done. Right now though, with school getting out and bills to pay, we are a little tight, but isn't everyone now a days! :-)




So I am off to start painting the bathroom. HHH took out all the nails and screws from the wall. Time to get rollin'!!!!!!




BTW....as you can see, the poll wasn't very popular. I only had 2 votes. I guess gas prices are a touchy subject. We are all being squeezed, but hopefully we will survive.


5 comments:

Christina LMT said...

I'm sorry, B.F.! How incredibly frustrating. I don't have tv at the moment, and it's okay with me, but my dream is to find a cable provider who lets me pick which channels I want and ONLY gives me those. And you only have to pay for those channels, too. Like a flat rate for each, or maybe the number of channels you pick.
Ahhhhh, bliss!

Blondefabulous said...

Yeah! That would be awesome! I just don't need C-SPAN, CBN, and Vatican TV. I don't need 5 PBS channels showing the same Antiques Roadshow, and I definitly don't need 15 PPV "adult" channels!!

Putz said...

b.f, you do need c=spazn, don't you want to be in the know?

Blondefabulous said...

That's what I watch CNN for. I'd watch Fox News.... but I just can't get through all the B.S.

Russ said...

I hope you didn't give them any money!

Just get yourself hooked up with some DishNetwork. It works like a champ for me. A buddy of mine is in a similar situation (lives in the boonies) and uses DN and is very happy with it too.