Saturday, April 26, 2008

Weekend Follies.


Mmmmmm.... I love being able to sleep in on the weekends. I was having trouble falling asleep last night, so around 12 am I took a couple of Tylenol PM's to get to sleep. It worked like a charm. I slept till 10 am! I guess HHH had to take care of the kids. They were fed and watching TV when I shuffled out. I didn't even hear the chickens.

Now for a topic that is on everyone's mind.... your economic stimulus check. I wanna know, what ya gonna do with it? The, ahem, president thinks we are all going to go out and spend it on frivolous items such as TV's, Stereo's, etc, etc.... I am thinking to myself, "Self, when that money shows up, we are going to pay all the bills." To me, being able to pay all the bills at once is a great thing. Pretty awesome. Amazing, actually!! How the heck does the government think we are going to go blow that money on disposable items when everyone is holding on by a thread?!? 3/4 of the country is in foreclosure, unemployment is way up, jobs are way down, and everyone is barely making ends meet! I bet most of the people who get that money are going to spend it on bills or food. I wish the government could come live my life for a week. I saw a story last month about two Florida House Representative's who decided to do and experiment with Food Stamps and live on what a normal person who receives food stamps gets from the government. It ended up to be about $20.00. Yep, the fat cats from the hill had to plan a weeks worth of meals on $20! No steaks, no fancy schmancy breakfasts, practically no meats, fresh veggies, or anything like that! They were amazed and surprised that they had been voting to lower the food stamp benefits when they couldn't get a decent meal out of what was on the books now. Hah! Just goes to prove that the idiots that run this country are out of touch with what us normal people have to deal with on a regular basis. So, back to the topic.... what are you going to do with your money? Like I said, We are going to spend it on bills. Hey, ya gotta have a place to live, and electricity right?

Anyway, that having been discussed, did you all know there is only 26 days left in the school year? Yikes! I have to try and get some activities together for us to do this summer. Cheap activities. Activities that don't require a lot of gas. The CNN ticker said it could be as bad a $5 a gallon by summers end. I was flipping through my high school yearbook and part of the thing had a section where it recorded prices from that year. Gas was .89 cents a gallon! .89 CENTS A GALLON!!!!!!!! I'd kill for .89 cents a gallon. Ah, the good old days.....

Well, time to go make lunch and start on my spring cleaning. I got most of the kitchen done yesterday, and am going to start on the bathroom and back rooms today! Plus, it's laundry day. Whoo hoo!!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Well since we dont have to worry about rent for the year (we paid it up front for the whole year). Some will go towards the bills, but I think I'll get to hang on to most of it to go drive up to NJ (yeah driving the fam is still cheaper than flying) to visit my Pops. I'm gonna rent a Prius to we get like 60mpg - woo hoo!!

pinktomato said...

i'm really not sure - but it will likely be invested in a new business venture...

Christina LMT said...

I'm going to save it for when my twins come for the summer...they eat like their last meal was a week ago!
I honestly can't imagine anyone who qualifies for this in the first place blowing it on stuff...

kvegas911 said...

getting outta debt, baby! woohoo! well, close, anyway...