Saturday, April 5, 2008

Things At The Yard Sales.


We decided to go yard sale-ing today. I seemed like a worthy endeavor. Get the kids outside and into the fresh air, walk to the various sales and peruse the wares, get some much needed exercise, all good things. We started with the one farthest away and worked our way back to the house. The first one we went to was the local First Baptist Church. It was pretty big, with both an indoor and out door section. There was something for every category of stuff, from clothing to electronics, to used church furniture! We let the kids use their money to get some little toys, Rebecca bought a purse, and I picked out a vacuum. It was big and heavy, but still looked good. I should have listened to my inner voice, but more from that goof later. We paid for our wares and started walking on to the next one, it was a flea market type of place, but I only saw mostly bootleg Latino CD's and DVD's. Not anything I was interested in. I did see a few things that I might go back and get next weekend, you know, when HHH wasn't carrying a 1 ton vacuum. LOL! We crossed the street and headed back to the house, and stopped at the last place. It was a few sales set up around the produce stand. As we passed the produce stand I saw that they were selling a goat. Yes a goat. My kids were ooohing and aaaahing over it and saying how cute it was. I hated to tell them that the Latino woman selling it was indicating that it was meant to be slaughtered for a BBQ. So we walk the short distance to the house, and HHH instantly plugs in the vacuum to see if it works. It did work, for about 1 second then it shut off and would not turn back on. We looked it over to see if there was some trick, or if something wasn't switched on, my little voice in my head was doing a jig, laughing that I got all the way home and now it didn't work. So now HHH is walking back up to the church, the sale that was the farthest away to try and get our money back, or at least trade in for another vacuum. (They had several.) Poor HHH! :-(
So I am waiting for him to get back, then I am going to make home made tuna melts! Yummy.
UPDATE: HHH made it to the church and back ok. He traed in the non-working vacuum for a smaller, lighter one that worked. I tried it out and it worked great! We opted for grilled cheeses/ patty melts for lunch. You have not tasted heaven, until you have tasted HHH's patty melt!

3 comments:

kvegas911 said...

BBQ goat......ROFLMAO aren't you glad you didn't have to explain that one!!!! And there you went again, making me hungry....and I'm not off work for another hour.....

pinktomato said...

i've never heard of eating goat! gross!!! i know you can milk them tho.

Blondefabulous said...

The Latino population eat a lot of things I would never consider. Goat is just one of them. :-(