Sunday, April 27, 2008

"It's Fun To Do Bad Things!"

I saw this last night and like to crapped myself. Lately, with the myspace beating, and other such incidents, there has been a lot of talk about discipline and today's youth. No one wants to say we are failing, but after I watched the news last night and saw this story, I gotta say, WE ARE IN FOR AN EPIC FAIL!
A seven year old boy from Palm Beach Gardens was angry with his mother about something, and to "get back" at her, he waited till his grandmother was in another room doing something, and took the grandmothers keys and went for a joyride! How the heck are you mad at your mom, and take grand mom's car?!? WTF?? He goes all over, running over mail boxes, swiping cars at a local Costco. hitting signs, until he finally crashes the suv! The car is totalled, the kid is fine. When you go watch the video, listen to the boy and look at his face when he says, "It's fun to do bad things." There's no remorse, no apology, he looks like he can't wait to go do it again! I feel for the Grandmother. She says, "If I didn't think they'd take me to jail, I'd whup his behind!", and that's where the problem lies. These kids know they can't be punished. At school they are taught that they can tell a teacher that they have been spanked and the cops will take away mommy or daddy to jail. They know that just the slightest hint of any physical discipline, and they can make life a nightmare for their parents. Hell, my 4 year old niece once told her daddy, "I'm gonna tell Nana you spanked me so she can send you to jail!" WTF does that accomplish? How does tying your hands as a parent make the world a better place?? It doesn't. It makes 7 year old's who think they can joyride and hurt others. It makes teens who think it's cool to beat the crap out of someone and video tape it for posting on YouTube. It makes the problems we have today with our youth. Now I am not talking beatings, I'm just saying a swat on the rear when they are young may help cure some of the problems we may have later. I was better for it, and I know my kids are better for it.

Here's the story:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/04/26/pkg.seven.stolen.car.wpbf

9 comments:

Rudy Canoza said...

Whites who have drunk too much of the "multi-culti" Kool-Ade might not want to confront the reality of it, but it's true nonetheless: there is a distinct and basic difference between black culture and white culture. Black culture contains little to no sense that one owes good behavior to society at large. Black children learn not to mess around in their own household, but the idea of overall impulse control is completely alien to them. I worked with a black guy in the early 1990s who seemed like an okay guy at the time. He once told me that when he was much younger, he and some of his friends (all black) had contemplated committing a robbery, eventually deciding against it for largely practical reasons. I asked him if the idea that it was simply wrong had entered into their calculations, and he said "no" as he looked at me as if I were nuts.

Blondefabulous said...

Not exactly what I was going for. Children now a days seem to think we, as a society, owe them everything and it better be served up to them on a silver platter. I wasn't even taking into account the child's race when I wrote this blog, I was just irked to the nth degree that ANY child thought it would be "fun" to break the law, damage other people's property, and not have any consequences! The way we raise them is to blame.

Rudy Canoza said...

It may not have been what you were going for, but it's an unavoidable element of the story. I knew as soon as I read the story, before I saw the video, that the family is black. The utter lack of remorse, of any sense that what he did is wrong, is a deeply ingrained feature of black culture.

I don't know where you get this "the way 'we' raise them" malarkey. I didn't raise that kid; I'm busy raising my own son. Hillary's "it takes a village" rhetoric usually provokes fits of nausea in properly civic minded people, but the fact that generations of children in some cultures - cultures that the "multi-culti" dogma preaches are all "equally valid" (bleaghh) - are not given any moral instruction that lays out people's obligations to the larger society, because the parents themselves grew up in such a morally protected (but "valid") culture, makes me want to reconsider.

People brainwashed by politically correct dogma may cringe at my criticism of black culture, but it is obvious from all the social pathology one sees there - 70% or more of black children born out of wedlock; black children always seem to have different surnames from their mothers; the appalling incidence of black violence against blacks - that black culture incorporates some truly devastating defects.

Blondefabulous said...

We as in society. We have laws that prevent real discipline. Please don't make my blog to be racists when it wasn't. I have seen plenty of white kids doing the exact same thing.

Rudy Canoza said...

No, not "we as in society". Parents have all the tools they need to bring up well-disciplined children. The problem is too many parents just don't want to use them. They don't want to invest the time it takes to use them.

There is nothing racist about observing that black culture - not blacks, but their culture - does not do a good job at all of instilling self-discipline and self-restraint in young black children.

Blondefabulous said...

Yes "WE" as in society. Who do you think came up with all these crazy laws thatsay no spanking, no real discipline, etc?? If all you can do is blame this occurence on the mere fact that the child was black from a black family, don't bother to comment any more. It wasn't that he was black, like I said before, plenty of white kids are doing the same thing, it was the fact that he KNEW he wasn't going to get in serious trouble. Because of his age, they are not going to do anything of consequence to him. No juvy, no jail, no community service,.....nothing. Society will do nothing to hold him accountable for this crime, and now he will think it is ok to go out and do it again. The whole blog was about kids KNOWING that they can get away with it, thus the childs statement that, "It's fun to do bad things.", and my ire for him. Don't bother re commenting, you have no valuable input, just racists rhetoric.

Rudy Canoza said...

No, that's nonsense. You don't need to hit your kid to engage in effective discipline. Plenty of people rear decent, civic-minded children who have a good sense of right and wrong, no matter what your view of society's views. You are saying that people aren't responsible for themselves or their children. That's nonsense. There aren't any real impediments to parents bringing up their children to be responsible adults. The parents have to want to do it.

You can shuck and jive all you want about there not being a problem in black culture when it comes to teaching their children something about responsibility to the larger society, but the problem is obvious. You keep saying there are "plenty" of white children doing the same thing, and that's simply wrong. As percentages of their respective ethnic groups, blacks are far more likely to be violent criminals than whites. There is basically no such thing as white gangs.

It isn't merely that black culture doesn't instill a sense of civic responsibility in their children; they are almost overtly hostile to such an idea. Prominent blacks - I see the "Rev." Jeremiah Wright is back in the news this morning - essentially tell blacks that notions of proper public behavior are nothing but "white oppression", and young blacks, having already been indoctrinated to believe that they are "victims", lap this garbage up.

Blondefabulous said...

Sorry dude, still smacks of racism to me. I know plenty of God fearing, law abiding black folks. When I lived in Memphis Tennessee, I knew alot more of them. No one race has the monopoly on crime and bad behavior. Every race is guilty of it. Nuff Said.

kvegas911 said...

Um, where did race come into this? All I saw was a story about one more little shit that we have to deal with instead of the parents whipping his butt. Good post, girl. Keep 'em coming!