Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Flavr.....I Loozez Interust!


The chickens have lost their sparkle. The kids are no longer interested or think they're cool. Now all I hear is, "Moooooom, make the dumb chickens shut up!" Yep, rural life has become just regular old life for them. Now I have another problem with the flock..... they keep dying.

I found another dead bird in my yard today. I was out walking the yard, trying to get some fresh air and feel better. My celiac's is giving me a butt load of trouble and has been for the last 2 days. As I was walking, I notice a fluffy little lump on the ground. Another dead chicken, or more over, a chick. This is the second one in 2 months. Now, aside from the nastiness of having a dead animal in the yard, I know that living out here in the boonies, a dead animal will attract other, unsavory animals who will want to eat it. Possums, raccoons, and the like. We don't need all that wild life out here. I made a few inquiring calls to the county and found that roaming flocks of chickens are not allowed anywhere in this county. They are supposed to pen up any livestock. I am going to see what HHH says about the matter. He wasn't too happy this morning when the roosters were fighting each other on our front porch, but just to be on the safe side, I'll confer with him before I sic code enforcement on the neighbors.

Other than that, I have been in bed all day. I don't know what I ate that is giving me this reaction, but I gotta not do that again! We'll see what tomorrow brings....

5 comments:

Russ said...

Is it wrong that I see those chickens and think, "mmm, good eats"?

Blondefabulous said...

Well, I might think the same thing, if they'd quit dropping dead in my yard.

Putz said...

i love all little citters, you leave those chickens alone or i'll sick pink tomatoe on you cause she loves all the deer, dogs, chickens etc

Blondefabulous said...

Like I said Putz....I was ok with the crowing and such, but I am worried that they keep dying, and always in my yard! It makes me wonder if my neighbors are takeing proper care of them. I like the live cute chickens, not the dead decomposing ones.

pinktomato said...

rofl!!! sometimes chickens peck each other - sometimes to death. how many do they have`anyway? can you see` fresh food & water anywhere?