Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools Me!


Well, today is April Fools Day. The day we reserve to trick our friends and relatives. The day family feuds begin and I am not talking the get to 300 points, win $20,000 kind of feud! I am just as funny as the next person. In college, I had a whole stand up routine I did about my home town and the dorkyness of it all, and the crazy roommates I got stuck with, etc..... I could KILL at the local brew pub, but when it came to playing tricks on others just to get a laugh, I wasn't so great. Back in high school, I made a new years resolution to no longer laugh at the misfortunes of others. Yep, I wasn't trying to lose weight, give up sweets, or anything like that. I was trying to be a better person. That meant stupid tricks that made someone else feel bad just so I could laugh at them was O-U-T! That also meant I was every one's trickee that year. (They knew they could get away without consequence.)

Through the years, I just lost touch with April Fools Day. It never held any great fun for me. It got even further on my crap list when I started an ill fated relationship on that day. Talk about killing a holiday!

Yeah, AFD is not on my list of holidays I enjoy. So I am going to slow roast a chicken,(not one of my neighbors!), hand mash some potatoes, steam some veggies, and make some home made gravy! I am going to clean up my kitchen, sweep the porch, and wash my rat of a dog. I am NOT going to drop a bucket of water on some one's head, not going to pour hot sauce in their drink, or put sand in their shoes. I may joke to my kids that Mommy "forgot" to make dinner, but that's about as far as I go. Most tricks are messy at the least, and my OCD for cleaning just won't let me participate in that kind of "fun".

Happy April Fools Day!

2 comments:

kvegas911 said...

The only joke I tried to play was telling Hubby that I was preggers again. He was delighted. I felt like an asshole when I told him April Fool's. Think I'm gonna get on your boat with that.

Blondefabulous said...

I can tell a god oke, but I ust never had it in me to trick someone just for the sake of laughing at their misery. ;-)