Monday, April 28, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different....

Yes that was a reference to Monty Python, and to yesterday's blog! As you can see by scrolling down, I wrote about the errant 7 year old and his joyride that was anything but for his grandmother. I got over 100 hit from blogging about my ire for this little brat and his declaration to news cameras..."It's fun to do bad things!". Oh God! That just burns me up! Perhaps not as much as the comments from someone who decided to make it a racial thing though. This commenter, who was the only one by the way, said to the effect that, he didn't need to even see the video, by just reading the story, he had an inkling that the child was black. Yep. Just knew the kid was black. WTF?? I wouldn't care if the kid was orange, blue, purple, or fuchsia...... YOU DON'T STEAL A CAR AND GO AROUND WRECKING THINGS! PERIOD! I tried to re butt his comments and point out that my blog wasn't about race, so much as about bad parenting and the governments and laws that get in the way of good parenting, but this guy was just on a roll and it was all down hill from the word go. So for once and for all.... RUDY CANOZA.... I am grateful for you opinion, even though I do not agree with what you were saying. You got something from my blog I was not trying to convey, No where in my blog did I ever refer to the race of the child, as that was not my focus. I was simply trying to state that children are no longer given defined boundaries and set consequences, and because of this, they act out in ways that are hurtful and harmful to others. The public's outcry for justice would have been swift and sure if this boy had run over another child or person, and not just the signs, curbs, and mailboxes he destroyed. I was also upset at the utter lack of remorse this child showed. Unfortunately, we see that lack of remorse all too often on the nightly news in the faces of many children of all races and nationalities, not just the black ones. I wrote about my ire as a commentary on society's willingness to let kids off the hook, and the children seeing this as a free pass to continue their bad behavior. Not black kids, not white kids, not yellow kids, not tan kids,..... just kids. End of story.
As parents, we need to take back our parenting rights. We can't just rely on the system to raise our children with the correct morals and values we need to function as a society. Enron, baseball, college cheating scandals, they are all out there, telling our kids it's OK to be shady. It's alright to fudge the truth. It's fine if you want to do something illegal so you can be better that everyone else. It's not OK, alright, or fine! People who used to be roll models are now being called into question, and if we don't put our foot down and say, NO.... then we haven't done our job as parents. My kids have rules. My kids have boundaries. My kids have punishments. My kids are complimented both at school and in public for their manners, conduct, and demeanor. They won't be stealing grandma's car and tooling around town.

Ah, now that that is off my chest, whoo hoo! Over 100 hits! That's a milestone for me. I've only ever been in the high 90's. I guess my blog on that pudgy good-for-nothing did have some good come out of it after all.

5 comments:

Finn said...

People will use any information available to reinforce their own ideas.

This is why you can never rely on statistics...

Blondefabulous said...

You said it!

Russ said...

"there are lies, damn lies, and statistics" Mark Twain.

Here here on the parenting thing.

kvegas911 said...

Say it Sister!!!
*standing and applauding*

pinktomato said...

you rock!