Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tornados, Tournaments, and Twits!


Could you believe that stuff last night at the SEC tournament???? I was catching update about the game when they come over the news saying that a tornado had hit down town Atlanta and the Georgia Dome! O!M!G! I know my boys aren't in the tourney, but I was worried for everyone else. Plus, Chocl8t lives up in Hotlanta! So far there haven't been any deaths reported, but they said a loft building in the historic district had been pancaked, and they hadn't gone through it yet. I am sending good thoughts to Atlanta, ya'll join me.

As for the tourney, they had to move it over to Georgia Tech. That's going to go over well. The arena there is tiny in comparison to the Dome. To make it fair to everyone with tickets...... they aren't letting anyone go. Yep, only family, school officials, and credential holders will be allowed to go, maybe 2000 people in all, compared to the 20,000 + people who are holding tickets right now. That's going to go over like a lead balloon. I just hope that ... A) The fans are understanding of the reasons why the officials had to do this, and ...B) The schools, ticketmaster, etc... don't be complete jerks and not refund the fans money with the lame, lousy-ass excuse of "Act of God" is non-refundable. I can see some greedy ass saying just that.

My boys weren't there. Poo! UF graduated all the great players and now we are rebuilding on what we have left and what we recruited. It will be the second time a defending champion has not reached the March Madness since Kansas in 1986. Oh well, people were getting tired of UF winning! lol! Maybe next year will be better.

Update on my condition..... I am feeling better, but I can definitely tell EXACTLY where I hit when I fell the other day. It sucks too because I fell on the side I like to sleep on. I was feelin' it this morning when I woke up and got out of bed. Can we say snap, crackle, pop?!? My bones did! Ugh! And my stomach was messed up again. Like I said before, I think I am allergic to early. I haven't been eating much lately. A half cup of this, a smattering of that, I just haven't been hungry. I've been walking more lately too. I wish I felt better, but I don't. OK enough of that. I need to go and try to eat something for breakfast, even if it's just a bite. Maybe eggs, home fries and toast? We'll see.....

2 comments:

Barlow Putz said...

i read that if you comment on the weekend, it is the worse time cause nobody is at home, but here goes, yes championship week is awesome whether it is sec or wac or whatever...i had two rotator cuff injuries on both sides of my body and a sore back to boot and had to sleep on the top of my head, good luck with that..still think you should get a visit from some caring person

Blondefabulous said...

Yeah.... we're a little short on the caring person department around here. Thanks anyway. That's why I blog and stuff anyway. Funny how people from places hundreds of miles away can care more about what's going on than your own family 2 doors away!

PS Go University of Memphis!!!