Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday.


Ah, Sunday. Usually I am relaxing on Sunday, and then running around the house trying to get clothes clean, snacks planned, and checking the school calender. Not this week. Spring Break is in effect for the next week. I get to sleep in and then hear the dulcet tones of my children screaming at the tops of their lungs...."MOOOOOM! She won't die in the game so I can play!!" Heh heh, yeah....spring break. (Maybe a break for the school.)

We went for a walk into town today. It isn't very far, and the exercise helps tire out the kids so they don't drive me nuts. We stopped by the dollar general, the open air veggie stands, the flea market. All those within walking distance. We got a box fan to help circulate the A/C, and some clothes pins so I can take advantage of the clean country air. Update on the chickens.....one of the chicks keeled over in the front yard! The kids found it outside and started having a major cow! I go over to look at it and it isn't chewed on, mutilated, or attacked in any way and I instantly think, "bird flu", right? I get a plastic bag, wrap it up, and drop it in the trash. Ick. Now the kids are outside playing and I am getting ready to put some country pork ribs into the oven for dinner. We are having it with baked beans, potato salad, and corn on the cob. Yum!

I gotta go. HHH is tempting me with his goodness. It is the weekend and all........


YUM!

3 comments:

Putz said...

you sound very lucky, i'm not really sure mind you, but you do seem like you lucked out, almost like you came back to ephraim to live with us, or live near us with our ephraim 5 and dime, and one room library, and DOGS AT LARGE, are you sure you are in bowling green????i'ed love to bowl there, but ephraim doen't have a bowling alley....are you sure your'E NOT IN THE COUNTRY????

Blondefabulous said...

You know, there isn't even a bowling alley here in Bowling Green! And the one stoplight they do have here is on permenent blink. Very small, but to a city girl like me... a little too small. I miss Starbucks!

kvegas911 said...

OMG I am so hungry now.....you are always good for that! Mmmmm, barbeque, corn......and my own hubby sounds pretty good too!