Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's Hard To Be Fabulous In Small Town America.

Here we are, and here we are probably going to be for a while. Wauchula, Florida. Just the name conjures up thoughts of rolled up side walks, corner cafes and neighbors gossiping over who did what at the church social lst Sunday. It's not far from the truth. The town is the size of a postage stamp. 4 lights to go through town and you're gone. The "Super" Wall to Wall Mart is half the size of a regular Wall to Wall Mart! The house we are currently residing in is set back into an orange grove. When we were trying to get TV/Satellite/Cable service for the place, they all said "We can't find your address on our system.". We will have to travel great distances for our doctors. We will have to go two towns over for decent shopping for clothing and other items. There is just no selection here. Half of the town is seasonal, relying on the older retirees to provide much needed dollars. How does one be Blondefabulous here? We shall see......
Today is my sons birthday. He is 6 years old today. The kids are also starting school today. The month we spent going all over looking for a job for HHH has been murder, and I don't think that they will hold it against them. I have no worries about my eldest or the 2nd grader, but Junior and his attention span might be a bit more trouble. He was getting distracted easily in Stuart, and I will have to see how he does here. I got the cake done. Sorry, no pic's yet. I'll get them after I get the kiddies off t school. We have to go meet and greet today. We filled out all the paper work yesterday, and we are going to start them today. My eldest is excited. She is a social creature, very unlike me when I was in school. Morgan is just happy to get away from her cousins. There is only so much one can play with a 2, 3, & 4 year old. Perhaps they will be better behaved if they do not have someone to show off for.
Speaking of my BIL's kids, my SIL keeps getting contractions! They started on Saturday, but she thought it was from all the walking around we did at the park. She was supposed to go out with a friend last night to have dinner, but they ended up at the hospital! This is baby #4 for her and she is only 20 years old. BIL was saying that the Dr.'s are looking into pre-eclampsia and other related causes. I know when I was preggers and on my last kid, I started having heavy Braxton-Hicks contractions in my last 3 months! I sucked too because I would finally get to sleep and then one would wake me up! I'll keep everyone posted!
I have to run. Kids to wake up and dress, breakfast to make, all that jazz......

1 comment:

Finn said...

Wauchula? You poor thing. My first boss in advertising was from there. *shudders*