Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Early Mornings.


What is it about the early morning? Why can't I shake the feeling that it is always creeping up on me to do some sort of wrong? That it is up to no good? I always set my clock for the times I have to be up, but I usually wake before it goes off, in anticipation of the morning sneaking up on me and getting the jump, as it were.

Today, I did sleep till the alarm went off. Not a still, deep slumber, but a rolling, waking kind. I got my young out of bed and prepared them for school and then we waited....... and waited......... and WAITED! The bus was late again. So much so that I was getting ready to change clothes and walk my kids to school! 30 minutes late. I don't get it. We live 1/4 mile from the school.

Maybe it is the fact that I never feel good in the morning. I am always sick to my stomach, tired, and in pain. That would make anyone dislike the approaching dawn. When I was younger, I loved the mornings, the new promise they held. It wasn't my enemy yet, but my new friend, come to visit me. I no longer have that luxury any more. So I am sitting in my domestic hell, surrounded by other peoples lives, typing away at the one thing that is keeping me sane. Insanity almost seems like a decent way out, but the bus will soon return my progeny, and I will find that insanity doesn't hold my most important possessions...... my family.

1 comment:

kvegas911 said...

My heart is hurting for you. You are constantly in my prayers.