Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Brrrrrr! It's Cold.


Oh man! We got up this morning and MAN! It was freezing. I woke up at 4:30am and turned on the oven to get the house warm. I should say my stomach woke me up. It has been a struggle these last 3 weeks. I eat maybe once a day and maybe a cup and a half total volume of food, but everything goes straight through and I can't see how I am getting any nutritional value from it. I think my Celiac's is starting to get worse. I know the doctors say you can't have a degree of Celiac's Disease, but when you talk to people who do have it, they'll tell you about how it came on slowly. First you can't eat bread, then oats, then something else...... till finally you are off all gluten. The bread is the hardest thing I have to try and give up. I love roasted garlic bread, rosemary olive oil bread, asiago cheese bread, you name it! I would rather have bread than sweets! It is just nummy. So, where was I? Oh yeah, cold as a well diggers ass.......

So I get the oven going and am checking the computer to see how cold it was, (45 degrees), and I see that I was a dummy and left the window in the kitchen open. Well no wonder it was chilly in the house! Duh! So I wait until 6am rolls around and get the kids out of bed. They are less than thrilled that it is so cold. I got a "Mooooom! I thought you said Florida was gonna be warmer than Memphis?!?" Yeah, sorry kids. It just happens that way sometimes. (Global warming, my ass!) I shooed them all into the kitchen and got breakfast and such going. I even put on cartoons on the computer for them to watch. Then 7 am rolled around and I had to get HHH up out of bed. he was a little wobbly, but I got it going. Then came the fun part....going to the school.

We had the fun fun time of walking to the school today. Yep, seem Bowling Green does not bus in the city limits. If you live in the city limits, you have to either drive or walk to the school. Well, our car is a bit defunct at the moment, so we have been walking. It isn't too bad, except that we have to walk next to a 4 lane highway to get to the school. Not the safest thing when there are large semi's and fast moving cars and trucks. When we went to register yesterday, we asked about a bus for the kids since they are diabetic and the school said the would check on it. Well, we get almost to the school and the kids nurse stops by and picks us up to go the rest of the way to the school. We get there and get everyone squared away and find out that yes there will be a bus provided and it will pick up and drop off at the door to our house! Score! Finally something that has gone right for us. So now the kids are taken care of, HHH and I are going to go find jobs, and this is hopefully the start of better things for us.

Well, we just got the call that the kids will be coming home on the bus this afternoon. Cool beans.

Things are looking up.

Yay us!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Door to Door bus service - Fantasmic!!!

Putz said...

hey did you hear jack kervorkian is going into politics...the only candidate i know that has an exit sratatedgy...go miami, i thought when you said memphis, you meant miami...byu is out

Blondefabulous said...

Miami died in the last bracket! I am still rooting for Memphis. They're the only team I still have in my bracket!

Finn said...

I'm glad you had some good news!