Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Another Loooooong Night.


It has been another doozy. Last night was long and involved. The meds worked on the kids symptoms, but Junior still slept restlessly and was in want of his daddy all night. Poor HHH. He has been getting the brunt of all this. About 5:30 this morning Junior started coughing, so we give him his meds, but wait..... it upsets his tummy and he ends up puking. GREAT! There's nothing on the bottle that says give with food. You think that would be something useful to know right? As it is, we have to go back to Wal-Mart and ask them to please reconstitute the antibiotic they so unceremoniously pawned off on my husband last night. Yes we dropped off the scripts yesterday at the pharmacy to be filled and were told to come back at 6pm to pick them up right? Well, HHH and BIL go back to get them and they are NOT ready. Surprise, surprise right? They end up waiting another hour and when they do get called up, the pharmacy is about to close and the woman pushes everything at them and snaps, "Pay up Front!" and then turns away and leaves. (We have Medicaid.) So anyway, HHH and BIL get home and start to go through the medicines, a total of 5 in all, and there are no measuring devices, no notes on the medicines, and the antibiotics are still in dry powdered form! Jeeze people. This is my kid we're talking about. I know you are trying to get out of there so you can run to your sewing circle or strawberry social, but have some respect for the customer you had waiting around for an extra hour! We'll see about it this morning.
I have to go..... more kids to medicate. This time, I'm gonna feed them first.
PS- I have a new member of my blogroll. Ya'll go give KVegas some love, kthanxbi!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strawberry social?

Blondefabulous said...

You have to understand, I am living in small town hell. While waiting for my son's blood draw yesterday, a announcement came over the hospital intercom saying..." The hospital Strawberry Social for all hospital staff will be ending in five minutes. If you have not gone to the confrence room and gotten your strawberry shortcake, please do so at this time." It struck me as odd, so I just figured the woman at Wall to Wall Mart was in a hurry to get there too!

Finn said...

Wal-Mart is evil... No Walgreens in Mayberry?

Blondefabulous said...

Nope. They are just now building a CVS here, but it isn't open yet!

Nicole said...

Sadly I know of this Wauchula, am I correct? U see I go to MCC in Bradenton, which is not all that far off. And yes it really is THAT small - lol. Their Hospital transports their serious Cardiac patients to Sarasota Memorial Hospital frequently (I used to work there on the one of the Cardiac wings). I wish you the best of luck on getting out of there ASAP! and not just the town either (wink)