Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day 7 & The IRS Sucks.

Ok, got an answer from the IRS about why our refund is going to be delayed/ It seems I owe them money from back in 2005. Now, I specifically remember having gone to H&R Block in 2005 and having my taxes done by them. Now, due to all the moving we have done, I cannot find my tax forms from then or remember which H&R Block I had my taxes done at! (It was up in Memphis, I remember that!) So now we'll be delayed 2 more weeks while they take out $1002. I seem to remember that the IRS delayed that years tax money too, but they didn't take anything from it. Why would they wait 3 years to take money from me?? It makes no sense what so ever, but I guess that's the IRS.

So, now that is going to delay our departure from here at "Casa de Little Kids" until almost the end of the month! I am not happy at all. My BIL's kids are all under 5! HHH has another job interview on Friday and he is going to call the place he interviewed with last Friday and ask them what's up. He is also going to put in an application at a place here in Wauchula that's looking for a porter for their complex. I just don't understand how all these places can be looking for people, but they are taking their sweet time hiring! I understand having to check people out, but background checks are expidited now and drug tests are really quick with all these walk-in clinics/labs you can go to. People should at least have the decency to tell you up front that they are going to spend X amount of time searching for a candidate to fill a position and that they will get a yes or no answer on such and such a date. I am beginning to feel like Ribeye over at Raging Server. He hasn't heard anything about the bar spot he interviewed for at his job! Jeeze.....

Update on the family in Tennessee: Everyone is ok as far as we know. My HHH got a hold of his other brother and Rob said that there were 3 tornados that touched down near his house, but no direct hits! He says he has to reshingle his porch roof, but that that was about it. We still haven't heard from HHH's mom yet. We are still having trouble getting phone service to her. We'll keep trying. The count is up to 52 people right now. I am just floored that Memphis was hit so bad. Usually we got tornado warnings, but they would skip over the low part of the city that was next to the river and touch down out in Jackson, like they did. Oh, and I was mistaken about the Hickory Ridge Mall. I hadn't been to that one. I went to Wolfchase, Spring Ridge, and The Commons at Hacks Cross. Hickory Ridge was one I hadn't been to over there. It looked like a bomb had gone off in it! I got to thinking, where would you hide in a mall to escape a tornado? The storms hit while people were casually shopping, and suddenly they had to find somewhere to go. Most malls I have been to are light and airy; lots of decorations, lots of trees and plants, stores with tons of shopping racks full of clothes. If you suddenly had to choose a spot to hunker down in, malls are pretty much shot! The bathrooms are few and far between, the trees, plants, and decorations can become deadly missles in high winds, and a lot of the malls recently have big glass atriums that can shatter and rip you to shreds! Scary thought. I think one person died in the H.R. Mall when a piece of roof collapsed on him. Sad. Makes me glad for our decision to move back to Florida. You can run from a hurricane!

As always, I am your faithful servant, and this has been day 7.

3 comments:

pinktomato said...

well at least you have a partial answer on the tax issue. hang in there sweetie...there is an end to this and a new beginning. Keep that thought forefront!

upset waitress said...

I'm surprised you aren't waitressing right now. Tis our season girl. Mooola is fabulous for us Floridians right now.

Blondefabulous said...

You have obviously never been to Wauchula, Florida. The place is a study in small town bleck! I could waitress if the local McDonalds hadwaitstaff! :)