Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day 6 & I am Angry.

Oh man, will the bad luck ever quit!?! We were checking online at the IRS.gov site and it said our return has been delayed. DELAYED! Augh! I am so pissed. I just don't know what I did to what ever Deity there is up there to deserve this. Now HHH is really being pro active looking for jobs and putting his resume out there, and he has 3 more interviews scheduled for this week, but these guys are calling saying that they need someone right away and then they are taking another two weeks to decide! WTF is that?? We need someone to make a decision right now! I can't put my kids back in school until we are settled somewhere, and I don't want them to miss too much time! We were really counting on that money to pay HHH's BIL back for putting us up here in his house and to go get another place. Now we don't know how long it will be before our direct deposit is put into our account. The first date they site gave us was Feb. 12th, now, who knows??
I am feeling under the weather right now. I haven't felt as sick since we moved out of the apartment with all the mold. Today is just a queasy day I guess. Right now, I am mostly worried about our family and friends living up in Memphis. Those storms yesterdayand last night were wicked! I have been to the Hickory Ridge Mall in Memphis that got blown to pieces. At this time, I can't reach anyone, but CNN was saying that power outages and cell tower damage has been hampering phone calls from getting through. I hope we can reach them soon. HHH's mom and her new husband live in Bartlett where one of the 6 tornados that were being tracked touched down. Man, I used to hate it when spring rolled around in Memphis. Tornado's were really frequent up there. We had tornado plans like people down here in Florida have Hurricane plans, except it is harder to get out of the way of the tornado! HHH's other brother and family live in Drummonds, TN and I haven't heard anything bad out of there. I am really worried for my friends Vicki and Mercedes who I worked with at Miss Cordelia's. They were the best co-workers I ever had. I hope nothing happened to them! They are saying Memphis is pretty messed up, and I-40 is littered with overturned cars and big rigs. That's another thing that worries me, HHH's mom's husband drives a mail truck all day across the state and he would have been on the road when all this crazy weather was going on. I am gonna keep trying to get a hold of them. Wish me luck..... wait, that hasn't helped so far......

So here I am, at day 6 and counting......

No comments: