Saturday, February 16, 2008

Day 16 & T-Shirts.


I am once again comfortable ensconced in bed, writing to you in my forced exile. The morning is still cool, but not as frosted as yesterday's chill kissed sunrise. I woke at 6:45 am to let the dog go out for his morning constitutional, and the sunrise over the field of nursery plants had an otherworldly feel; all misty and etheral. Of course, every camera I own right now has no batteries and I was unable to take a photo of it to share, but that will change come Wednesday. My ex finally decided to do his court appointed duty and pay up over half of what he owes. (He was $669 in the hole!) The Florida system of child support enforcement has always baffled me. These guys are assesed a certin amount every week. They are supposed to pay every week. Most do, but others do not. The system states that they have to make a payment every 30 days. Just every 30 days! How does that help?? What if you need diapers every week? School shoes? Necessaties of life? Every 30 days is a crock! And here is the kicker....... as long as he pays at least a $1 every 30 days.... they won't go after him until he reaches a certin limit. (My ex's limit seems to be $600.) So, if he is under his court appointed limit, and he pays a dollar, he gets another 30 days. Messed up logic, right? At least I can go buy some real food and show these people here what cooking really is.


That's a whole 'nother paragraph! I have been living in food hell for the last 16 days! We brought 3 big boxes of food with us when we came to my BIL's house to stay. When I looked in the cabinets and fridge, they had nada on hand to even make a sandwich! I cooked the whole first week with my food and made fried chicken, herbed meatloaf, Italian spaghetti, etc..... After we ran out of our food, my BIL went shopping. Yeesh! I coulda done better in a Pic-n-Save! They don't season their meat products, no spices or herbs EVER get used, and they had made up a menu of what they wanted to have, then didn't buy half of the ingredients to make the items on the menu! They wanted cheeseburgers on Wednesday, but forgot to buy cheese....... you get my point. I am going shopping this time, and I am gonna get some GOOD shit! I also have to buy a decent Sankotu knife because all they have here is the Wall to Wall Mart supper serrated specials. Yuck! I can't stand those things! I have no chef's knife to chop with either. I think the first thing I am gonna make is Roasted Pork Loin stuffed with apple walnut dressing! Yummy! I'll make roasted pan veggies to go with it and little red potatos too! My mouth is watering right now. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............


Now, on a completely different note, what would everyone say to t-shirts with a Blondefabulous logo on them? I was looking at Raging Server's t's and I like his logos and especially the shirt with the ghettoade saying. That was too funny! Since immitation is the most sincere form of flattery, I was thinking about doing a few designs myself and seeing how they do here! If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to tell me. I was thinking about a design with a blonde woman relaxing with a martini and a little dog with the saying, "Blonde..... not just a hair color, a way of life." or something like that! Yeah, I know. Lame, lame, lame! It was my first attempt. Maybe something about "Laugh and the world laughs with you, be a blonde and they'll buy you drinks!" You get the point. So give me some feed back people. If ya got any clever blonde sayings, drop them by....... but dumb blonde jokes will not be tolerated! (laughed about, yes.... but not tolerated!)


So, my faithful, I leave you with day 16.

1 comment:

Ribeye of your Dreams said...

You found the shirts, but did you purchase one? I'm trying to find a better place for sales, but cafepress is all i've got right now because they make the product and ship it. If I did it all, I'd never make money!

RagingServer.com